Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another 4 lb Koke at the 'Berry
A couple fishing friends an I went to SC on Friday to find calm water and full sun. Water temp 45 F. Went looking for the Kokes again. Very slow going with the water so calm. Picked up just a couple then headed to Sage Creek to see if we could do any better there ... just two more, so headed back to SC. Happily some clouds formed and the wind picked up putting a chop on the water. Bingo! The Kokes turned on for the next hour and I picked up a 4 lb 7 oz beauty that was lurking at about 30'. It was touch and go for a while, but I was able to bring him to the net. We picked up a number of larger Cuts, but released them all.

I hope I can find a few more of these for the Vets at the SC DAV Fishing Day in July!!!

Good fishing to all ... Trueblue
[signature]
[shocked][cool]Nice!
[signature]
Awesome haul!!!
Sounds about how my father in laws day went on Saturday, almost exactly, minus the 4lb Koke. His biggest was 2#10oz.
Thanks for the Report!
What was the hot colors if ha don't mind me asking???
[signature]
I use to think the bigger kokes were on the Strawberrry side but now it looks like about the same.
I don't think koke fishing will be as good this year as it was last year.
[signature]
Used an orange dodger with a white squid.
[signature]
I agree with you like trolling. When I talked to you last year on the SC side we were catching bigger ones on the SC side and that seems to be the same this year. Also, they are not as numerous as last year.

Good fishing.
[signature]