Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry report
[Smile] just got back from a strawberry ice fishing trip monday. i read many reports previously that said that the berry wasnt so hot so i didnt expect much on that trip. my buddy and i started fishing at about 8:30 am. i started at 11 ft and quickly landed 2 20 inch cuts and one 14 inch rainbow. my partner had a couple bites but didnt land any thing. fishing slowed in the shallow water so i moved out to about 18 feet. i also decide to change jigs from a foxee to a paddle bug. i again caught three nice cuts right of the bat. my buddy landed a nice cut also. fishing turned on from 10 to 11 am. i landed 3 more in that time period and had several others on that spit the hook. my buddy didnt have near the success and we were both using the same thing. i guess i had the jigging action down that they wanted. fishing slowed down a lot after 11am. after 11 o clock we moved into 26 ft of water. i landed a couple more there but it was slow. we stayed until 3 pm. fish totals i caught 12 my buddy landed 1. he missed a lot of chance cause he was sleeping. we tipped everything with a meal worm. i had several bits throughout the day that i missed. the bite was really light. i used the bobber technique where as my friend didnt. that could have been the reason i out fished him 12 to 1.

good luck this weekend to all the ice fisherman.

i think i am going to head to wyoming for some monster rainbows this weekend.

Yates

jr8fish
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Some days I have been that 12 fish person [Smile] and some days that 1 fish person [Sad]. Much nicer to be the 12. Where did you fish and what color foxey did you use?
Bigcat
[signature]