Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about orr's.
I've got a 14 foot alum boat and I want to et some orr's for it that have the posts on them so I can use it on small lakes that do not allow motorized boats. My question is, how long of an orr do I need for a boat that size. Is there any e=mc2 formula for caculating what length to get?
[signature]
Is it a flat bottom or a v-hull? There probably is a formula for oar length, but I don't know it. I would think that if it is a shallow, flat bottom boat, you could probably use 6' oars. If it is a v-hull or even a deeper flat bottom, I would go with 8' oars. Just find a set long enough that doesn't have to be used on too uncomfortable an angle, and you should be fine. Someone on the board will probably know the correct angle and formula to get the right length. Good luck. Hope it helps.
[signature]
get as long of a oar as will fit in your boat the longer the oar the faster you will be able to row(you will have more leverage against the water also you can get different size paddles on oars to i guess it depends on how tough you are or what kind of oaring you are doing.
[signature]
Get the aluminum ones with plastic tips - they last for years & years - the wood ones will split after a few years and have to be replaced....
[signature]