Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake this weekend
[green] Ok guys, here it is, I am going tomorrow to spend the long weekend with my kids at Fish Lake, I hope the Perch/Splake/bows wear my kids out and the weather holds good down there, I need to get out of this inversion anyway. I am going to try to catch a Mack or two or three, well you get the picture, anyone have any last minute advice for me? anyone been as of late? I read the ice was over a foot thick in most places, and over 8 inches at the north end, Now I also heard the north end is the best for the macks, so I will try it.

As soon as I get back I will post a new thread about how it was, and give you a good report.
[signature]
Good luck, IH69! Make sure you drive a 4x4 something and get all your stuff before you get past Sigurd 'cause there ain't nothin' available at Fish Lake! They plow the road down to Fish Lake but you can get hit with snow or get stuck off the road. If something/somewhere doesn't work, just keep moving around. It seems as if the rainbows move around some but the splake and macs are often stationary. Let the kids catch perch for bait - they'll really get a kick out of it. Again, good luck!
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I drive a 4X4 so I am good to go there, I plan on getting all the bait and stuff before I leave, didnt know the only place to get bait was sigurd, but never been to Fish Lake, so thanks.
[signature]
hey dude i will be up there this saturday my self..if you would like come over and say hey i will be over on the north east side a area that is called pelican point right off mack run.. the best bait you can use up there is white tube jig tipped with perch or sucker minnows.. last week we were getting to splake on the perch but started getting the mack's on the sucker minnows.. we hit about 15 pup mack's the last time up..

from the fuzzyfisher--------------------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
[Wink][green] Fuzzyfisher, thanks I will do that I will be looking for you, thanks for the info on the bait. I will try everything.
[signature]