Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A wet ride
I went out on UL for the first time with my wife and 4 year old today. we launched from the state park around 2:00 pm, because she wanted to checkout the Festival in the park today before we motored north to Linden and fished until 5:45 or so. The weather was great when we launched. We caught a bunch of Bullhead and only one Chanel cat. Shortly after we bagged it for the day and where headed back for the State park the wind picked up and we battled 4-6 ft waves to get back to the marina. My wife says that was her first and last trip to Utah Lake it was a pretty rough, wet ride, my 4 yr old on the other hand thought it was fun she liked the bumps I was a little nervous, it wasn't much fun when the wind came up and the lightning was cracking all around us. the rain started coming down in buckets right as we reach the boat ramp and chased us north up the I 15 towards home. We saw people catching white bass in the mouth of the creek just north of the Linden Marina, but we had are hearts set on catfish and didn't go after them.
[signature]