Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one been to Fish Lake lately?
Im heading up to Fish Lake next week for 4 days. It's been a while since I've been up there. what are the perch hitting on, and trout, and how deep. Any tips would be awesome.
[signature]
Memorial weekend we couldn't keep the rainbows away from buggers tolled behind our boat on sinking fly line. You can mimic the set up with a light line and a single sinker above a fly tied directly to the line.

The Macs and Splake we caught 35 feet down on the riggers. Jointed rainbow rapalas worked best for us.

We didn't target perch.
[signature]
We just got back on Tuesday. What are you looking to catch and how will you be fishing.
[signature]
This report is off of the UDWR site.

(Jun 4) Fishing has been a little slow during recent storms, but picks up during nice weather. Anglers have been doing well for rainbows and splake both trolling and bait fishing. Bigger fish have been caught on the east side of the lake. Trolling outside the weed line from Fish Lake Lodge to the Lakeside Marina with large Rapalas and pop gear has produced several lake trout around twenty pounds. Also try jigging for perch on the outside edge of the weed line or for splake in 30-60 feet.
[signature]
Well be fishing from my boat. I'll try to catch anything.
[signature]
Good advice on the trout.
The perch are pretty easy at FL. If it's calm, just drift 20' off the weedline and use standard ice jigs. You should be able to see them in the clear water. Use a piece of worm to start with. When you get one, cut a filet off of it and use a small piece (1/2" square) on the jig. It will last a lot longer than a worm. Just make a short cast and let it sink out toward the bottom. Should be able to get all you care to filet.
[signature]
For the perch just a worm and a bobber gave the kids tons of fun.for rainbows we killed them on a dodger and squid combo tipped with gulp maggots just long lined no weight. For the splake they are sitting between 35 and 45 ft if you can get to them any minnow imitation or a dead minnow dodger or pop gear combo. And the Lakers and tiger muskey are a mystery to me so I can't help you there.
[signature]
Thank you all for your advise. Me and family will hopefully catch a few!
[signature]