Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itching for boils...
Anyone seen any boils? I am itching to fins some and fish 'em. Some of the most fun action I have ever had is fishing boils. But never found one on Lake Mead. Hoping I can sneak up on them in my kayak now.
[signature]
Tons on the Escalante the last few days. If I were you I'd drive over to South Cove. They were boiling there in Jan. Long drive from Vegas however.
[signature]
[cool]I was out in the kayak yesterday and didn't see any. Like you I am hoping to see them soon. Last year I was able to get close to them in the kayak. I had four different boils around me at one time. Also when the fish go down and come up further away you can still attack them because of the stealth of the kayak.
[signature]
I am right there with you. My best days on the lake have been when they were boiling. A couple of years ago TheWhizzle and I found a school outside of callville that we pulled a bunch of stripers out of. I wouldn't bother taking them off the hook until I had one on every rod that was rigged, they would hit anything. It lasted from about noon until 2pm. We were surprised because you usually only expect them at dawn and dusk.
[signature]