Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River Videos
Recently I've been really slacking on my fishing post/videos because my computer have been really stupid lately. At first I didn't have any more room on my old external hard drive so I got a 5 tb one last month when I had the cash for it then a few days later transferring the files from my pc to the new external hard drive my Desktop mother board died. Wen't to Pc Laptop to get hooked up with a nice laptop that finally came home last week and this weekend finally found sometime to edit the videos.

Past couple months I've been mainly fly fishing just the Weber and I know most of you might thought I hate the river but sorda getting back to it once again. The fishing on the weber this year has been just amazing to the point I've went at least once a week or even every other week and from catching 10 - 40 +in one day with the brown mostly range in the 16 - 20".

Here's 3 Weber River videos [Smile].

3/10/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MAE96n-0hM

4/12/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQCETuKCkfk

5/30/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDSE_Ejr9C0
[signature]
i have a hard time watching your videos with all the high pitch banging noises.. maybe mount your go pro differently or something... they are definitely a lot better when muted
[signature]
Ya I couldn't find the right attachment piece for my chest mount that would give it a little more room and straight angle video with a the back pack battery until this week. Been using like one short section attachment and a longer one so it had 3 sections that was probably moving a lot.
[signature]
Just curious, but do you always strip the in? I find it much easier to fight them on the reel (especially larger fish) , after all it's what it's there for and drag systems typically work better than my hands. [Smile] [cool]
[signature]
Using the reel and having drag on low makes me think I'm regular fishing set up and it's really boring that's why I strip them in. It's a better fight. [Tongue]
[signature]
Okay, that's understandable. I use 3X most of the time and keep my drag up. Quick fight=more healthy trout released. Not that I think you weren't effective in fighting the fish.
[signature]
Whenever I'm on the rivers I always use 5x especially using smaller flies.
[signature]
Great videos and looks like a good time. I strip fish in as well. I rarely put them on the reel unless it's a fish that takes a lot of line.

One thing I would recommend is to keep them wet. Net them and keep them in the water. No real reason to lift them out. You can take out the fly while in the net and still have them submerged, as they can't go anywhere. Then you don't have them gasping and you handle them less, lessening the damage to their outer slime layer.

That Weber is a great stream. Can't wait until we have it back all the way.
[signature]