Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead 6/14
Launched at around 5 am Sunday from Boulder Harbor. If you haven't been out Boulder in a while (8 months for me) it is only 1 ft deep in the channel on the left side (when exiting harbor) of the rock markers, so stay to the right. I can't believe they let it get like that... Saw a heavy wood looking boat run aground before backing off and going out the deeper side.

Hit some coves and got the first large mouth around 6 am. My buddy got 2 of them that hit a rapala minnow that was bigger than them. All together we got 10 bass and lost another couple. All of them except those 2 babies were over a pound. The highlight was when a catfish nailed my friend's crankbait. Wasn't a very big catfish, but I never heard of a catfish hitting one of those before. It was a big deep diver and it was pretty murky, so as he was bringing it up, we both looked at it like, that's a weird looking bass...

Got off the water by 9:00 am just as the idiot ski boats started ruining our day and before it got insanely hot. Kept a few of the bigger bass and the catfish for dinner. Biggest one was a little over 3.5 lbs.

Didn't see any stripers boiling yet.

[inline IMG_3861.JPG]
[signature]
Sounds like a great day.

I've caught 4-5 cats on cranks over the last 3 years or so. Biggest was getting up in the 5-7lb range. Sure gets ones attention fast that is for sure. Several on squarebills and several on ~12 foot divers. My brother in law caught a nice one on a senko a couple years back.

Tom
[signature]
Nice report. I caught a cat on a crank last year.
[signature]
Which way did you fish out of Boulder Harbor? Up Saddle Island or on way to Boulder beach?
[signature]
Idk what that area is called, we took a left around Saddle "Island" toward the wash and went into some coves, but not really into what I'd consider the Wash itself.
[signature]