Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard construction.. South side..
sorry I haven't been on this site lately. I recently had back surgery 3 weeks ago and need to do some shore fishing. I tried to get out to the south west corner last week but was stopped by the canal and said no access due to construction. does anybody know how long they will have the south & west roads closed. I'm trying to get to the southwest corner where I can set on the pea gravel and not do any more damage to my back. I can't climb up and down the rocks like I used to all day.. I keep calling the North marina but all I get is a recording.Thanks fish on my friends.
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
[quote fishing4thehog]sorry I haven't been on this site lately. I recently had back surgery 3 weeks ago and need to do some shore fishing. I tried to get out to the south west corner last week but was stopped by the canal and said no access due to construction. does anybody know how long they will have the south & west roads closed. I'm trying to get to the southwest corner where I can set on the pea gravel and not do any more damage to my back. I can't climb up and down the rocks like I used to all day.. I keep calling the North marina but all I get is a recording.Thanks fish on my friends.[/quote]

not what you want to hear but the construction will be there all season and into the fall,
You can walk in past the gate if you really wanted although that would make for a very long haul...
[signature]
Trubbs is correct, the earliest it will be be open is Oct according to the State parks manager. Have you tried the area by Freeway Bay, there is a small parking lot there, just not sure if it is open either but the shore line is just like the SW corner.
[signature]
10 yrs ago i had L4 L5 fused... Now I had to have L5 S1 fused.. Surgeon had to put 2 rods holding L4 to S1. Walking more than 1/8 of a mile right now isn't in my best interest.. I went out to the bear river last Sat. night.. I was able to drive right next to the rive and just sit.. Only caught one dink.. But the dinks ruled the river.. They would just destroy my Bait.. So i guess I'll drive to lost creek and hopefully I'm able to still park next to the lake around the boat ramp..
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT !