Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My boat upgrades
Recently completed a few upgrades to my boat:

Had a problem with water sometimes coming over the bow, so I had Wave Wackers (http://www.wavewackers.com/) build me a really nice splash guard. They specialize in building splash guard for the stern of a boat, for back trolling, which apparently is big in some areas of the country. Michael Herrick does an amazing job and I felt that at $189 I got a great deal.

With my new splash guard I needed to find a new place to install my Minn Kota i-pilot, so I had The Iron Works build me a base to attach to the bow. They constructed one out of 1/4" sheet aluminum and did a fine job for less that $100. On the port-side-splash-guard photo one can see where the prior electric motor mounted (it is sealed with a rubber seal that was made by Wave Wackers). Got the wiring changed so 24 volts is delivered to the plug, so I am good to go. Sure will be nice to have my i-pilot installed on my new boat.

N.E.T.O. and I recently installed my new mount from Remote Troll, so that I can use my new-to-me four-stroke Johnson to troll. Thanks Randy.

So, within a few weeks I went from just having my 150 HP outboard to my four-stroke and my i-pilot. Life is good.
[signature]
I've been using Wave Wackers on my Lund workboat. The transom is low and Wave Wackers had a custom fit backtrolling guards that keep water from washing over the rear in rough seas. I can't say enough good about them.
[signature]
Sweet, nice upgrades Kent. Do you travel with the trolling motor mounted to your remote troll or put it on when you get to where you are going fishing?
[signature]
With it raised and locked it puts almost zero weight on the back of the transom, so I travel with it attached to the boat.
[signature]

Kent, I don't understand why you would need that splash guard in the front like that. I think it would get in the way for under casting. If your boat has water coming over the bow when under power you should be able to trim your motor up so it will pull the bow up and should not let water come over the bow.
[signature]
Hi Chuck,

Hope your move has gone well.

Not sure what under casting is, but I occasionally had water come over while under power and I have since learned that I can prevent most of that by trimming the motor up. The bigger problem was that while anchored up, if the wind is blowing hard enough, I would have substantial water coming over the bow. This should prevent most of that.
[signature]
Oh ok, your boat must set pretty low in the water. Under casting is when you are working a bank line and you swing your lure under hand, mostly jigs are fished like this for bass.
The move is still going, I'm in Fort Collins and my wife is still in salt lake taking care of selling our house.
[signature]