Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed
My grandson is leaving for the military next week and we were going to get in a fishing trip before he left but the boat is grounded. My question is where would be the best place to do some shore fish Friday morning. I am in Davis county so Willard, Utah Lake or Pineview are all posibilities. I haven't been fishing for a few years and really have little experience with any of those waters. Any advice would be appreciated.
[signature]
Willard use mussels for wipers, Pineview use perch pattern rapalas for muskie lost creek use blue fox spinners (gold or blue ) Mantua use a drop shot and rubber worm utah lake dump gas on it and light it on FIRE!! Hope this helps, tell your grandson thanks for his service and god bless
[signature]
Too bad I'm leaving town today or I would take you guys out for one last farewell hoorah on Willard Bay! What branch is he joining? (I'm a 10 yr Navy Vet)

I would hit the inlet to East Canyon with small white tube jigs. They work pretty well on the Weber too! Shore fishing at Willard has really slowed down, but If you can go night fishing (with lots of bug spray) bring some fish meat, shrimp, or muscles out to Willard and you should be able to atleast catch a catfish or two!
[signature]
Thanks guys for the information. We wound up at East Canyon