Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any tips for fishing Electric Lake?
Taking the boat to Electric Lake tomorrow. First time fishing it from a boat. Any tips that anyone can share on how and where to fish it (wouldn't mind catching a few of everything - kokanee, tiger trout, cutthroats or a lost rainbow) would be appreciated. If you want to PM me, that is fine.

Thank you,
[signature]
Was up there a couple weeks a go, minnows or minnow imitation, caught tigers on small silver rattle traps, wife had a lot of hits on a black jig, one koke trolling with the normal koke gear, if you up to the end of the last canyon on the left there is a sunken boat, you can see it well with the low water, looks like its been there awhile, the ramp was still usable when I was there,
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks, did you see lots of red sided shiners near shore?
[signature]
Ya there up in the backs of those canyons I have done good early or late in the day throwing rapalas,
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
It's been a long time since I have fished there but we fished white tube jigs tipped with redsided minows and did ok. It was our first time to the lake and it took awhile to find the fish but if you troll and keep any eye one your sonar the cutts stack up pretty good with some tigers mixed in. 35-45 feet deep mostly on points is where we found the groups that you could jig. try to find fish in the upper part of the lake where you launch the further you go down towards the dam the steeper and deeper it gets so it's hard to find the fish on the ledges.
Your in for a surprise when you see where the water comes into that place it was pretty cool. you will know when you see it. There is also some old cabins down near the dam in the canyons to the left as your going down.
[signature]
[quote fishinfool]

Your in for a surprise when you see where the water comes into that place it was pretty cool. you will know when you see it.

[/quote]

I imagine you are referring to where the water comes in from the coal mines. A few years ago, when the coal miners mined a little too close to Electric Lake and discovered a large body of water (aka Electric Lake) they had massive pumps going 24/7 pumping as much water back into Electric Lake as they could. It was quite a sight seeing all of that water coming back into Electric Lake.
[signature]
yeah and where the water is going out is even better fishing then the bubble up! lol [cool] that is if ya know where they hit the bottom.. was up there ice fishing when they had the guy's diving in the lake to take a look at it.. kind cool to see a 10 foot by 10 foot hole in the ice out there.[shocked]. any way like in the PM I sent ya stay close to the shore for the tigers and cut's open water for the kokanee and 25 to 60 feet deep we have been finding them.. [sly]
[signature]
So Ron, did they just get the hole partially plugged?
[signature]
not sure about if they fix it or not. last I heard was they put like 3 or 4 hundred thousand ton's of grout in the shaft and was hoping for the best. meaning it would plug the shaft.. they are not real public with what they are doing seeing that they clam that they were not even in that area to start with and if they were they are not going to own up to it!! the power plant has already let them know it's there water and they don't expect any problems with water levels... lol still it seems to go up and down a lot more then I ever remerber in the past..
[signature]