Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore fishing in Cache Valley
Hey everyone, I am kind of a novice just getting into fishing. I have been catching trout at 1st dam and Hyrum dam for a little while now, but I want to branch out a little bit. I don't have access to a boat, so I'm limited to the shore.

I've heard Cutler and Porcupine can be fun to fish, but it sounds like they are only really good if you have a boat, is that right?

Where are some good places to fish from the shore?

Also, any tips to catch a greater variety of fish would be appreciated. I know there's different stuff in Hyrum, but all I've been able to pull out is yellow perch (tiny ones) and rainbows. I've been using mainly spinning lures.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! Try Tony's Grove up Logan canyon.
[signature]
What kind of fish are on there? I know where the lake is but I don't see it on the utah fishing info site.
[signature]
Trout
[signature]
I used to catch a lot of bass out of Newton from the shore. The best place I fished was off of the dam itself. I even hooked a couple of tigermuskie from the shore while fishing for bass. They of course cut right through my line soon after I would hook them since I wasn't using braided line or a steel leader.
[signature]
Hyrum or Mantua are great choices.
Multiple species and plenty of good shore line.
Worth the little drive down.
[signature]
Tony Grove has always produced for me. I always fish the steeper side across from the parking lot. Easy walk.
[signature]