Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Tips
I'm camping at Painted Rocks with the wife and kids this weekend. The water is super low. Just wondering if there might some better ares to try when the water is this low? Would love to get the kids hooked up (and me). Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Find rocky points. The fish like structure.
[signature]
go straight across from painted rocks and cast spinner baits towards the shore.
that should get a pike. troll worm harness off the shore of east beach for walleye. hope this helps.
[signature]
Thanks a ton, we'll give that a try. We came down last year and did pretty good from shore. I bought a boat this year to get out to some different areas. Do you think the really low water will push the fish to certain parts of the lake?
[signature]
[#0000FF]The pike will be close to where the food is...small carp or newly planted perch (from Fish Lake). The carp can be fairly shallow. The perch this time of year are in about 12 feet of water.

If it is too shallow at Painted Rocks move down toward the narrows. There are some shallow bays and some main lake points down there with deeper water close to shore. No road access but worth a bit of a walk if that is what's necessary to find fish.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Pat, I appriciate it.
[signature]