Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairview Canyon recommendations
Hello All,
Just booked my anniversary getaway (18 years) and will be taking a 3 day stay in Sanpete County in two weeks. I'm looking to do some fishing/hiking/picnicking up Fairview Canyon. My wife has never fished. I'm hoping to find a location that will lend itself to some nice walks/hikes around the Reservoir, and some shady spots to stop and snack, etc. I'm not too interested in getting the hottest fishing spot, per se; but rather a location that will lend itself to soaking some line in a relaxing spot.

I appreciate any and all feedback. I've heard from a local that Fairview Canyon would be the best (as opposed to Manti, Ephraim, or Mayfield); but I'm game for any of those spots. . .

Thanks in advance!
[signature]
For some relaxing and scenic spots ., there are several. I would recommend potters ponds , about half way between Cleveland res. and joes valley.
For a great easy hike I would go up ephriam canyon over the top to petes hole. There is a very nice improved trail that heads up from the south side of petes hole. It is about a 1 mile hike to the next lake in there. very scenic area
[signature]
There are so many options up Fairview Canyon. Lonnie mentioned Potters Ponds there is also a small campground at Cleveland Reservoir and a larger campground between Cleveland and Huntington (Mammoth) Reservoir. On the way to Potters Pond there is Miller Flat Reservoir that will usually produce some good fishing. Gooseberry Reservoir has a campground also along with decent fishing for rainbows or cutthroats. There is also Electric Lake, Boulger Reservoir, and Benches Pond (CCC Pond) for additional fishing spots.
Enjoy your camp trip in some beautiful country.
[signature]
Thanks for the ideas. We decided not to rough it and are staying in a little Bed and Breakfast in the area so I don't need a camping spot. I'll check out both Potter's Pond and Pete's Hole (don't say it. . .)
[sly]
[signature]
If you fish Gooseberry before the sun hits the water you should expect a fish on every 3rd or 4th cast, there are some decent rainbows in there.
[signature]