Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mary
Went to Lake Mary 2 days ago. Caught the skunk. No lakers or elusive brooks. Plenty of people swimming in the lake when I got there however. Group of four guys rock jumping, then eight girls, then as I'm hiking out four more people with bathing suits.

You have to hike up the trail and all along the trail are no swimming signs, but rules are made to be broken I guess.....

Was casting a purple tube deep and nymphing shallow with an ant dropper.... nada.
[signature]
Some days it does happen. Although sounds like the locals may have had something to do with it.[Tongue]
[signature]
Ya I've tried fly fishing at that lake during the summer and fall time but never get into any. Better just hike to catherine / katherine and catch some of the stunted brookies in their.
[signature]
Hiked up there on Sunday, caught 1 on a dry and had a few others rise. Tossing a BWO.

A bunch of swimmers and cliff jumpers there for me too.
[signature]
Thanks, I will remember that for next time. Ya FFL me and Jay were there in September last year, seems its best to let the water get reallly cold to thin out the jumping crowds.
[signature]
Went a couple of weeks ago during the really hot weather and got out on the tube. That surely made the difference and I was able to hook the brooks while bouncing the bottom with a tube jig tipped with a minnow (looking for macs - no). Size was decent with most fish around 14", one coming in at 16".

They were all right on the bottom in the bigger bowl, although I didn't fish the dam end. My wife only caught one from shore, using a worm on the bottom.

I've heard some promising news about Twin lately though.
[signature]
Thanks LOAH. I got a float tube, (thanks Kevin!) just unsure about with the water shed regulations there. Looked into it, as long as I have waders I'm good.
[signature]
You have to fish at least ten feet deep.
[signature]