Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownapalooza!
This week I took the fam and hit Great Basin NP. Not quite sure what to expect other than small trout. That didn't disappoint. However I wasn't expecting to catch nothing but brown trout. Figured there would be other species there as well. We camped along the Lehman Creek and that is where i did my trout tormenting. Did a drive by Baker creek but didn't have time to stop but to get a photo. I found the browns were hungry and willing to take a dry fly. They especially like the adams. This trip gave me a chance to dust off my 4 wt 6' flyrod. Last time I fished small creeks like this was in the Raft River Mountains in northern Utah fishing clear creek, johnson creek, and the raft river. They were fun to catch. Here are some pics. Most of the fish were small but I did find a couple nice ones in some deep holes. There were many pools along Lehman creek, especially some deep ones. The largest fish I had to measure up against the handle of my fly rod. I can now check off one more state that I have fished in.[cool]

Great Basin NP is an oasis in the desert.
[signature]
Awesome!
[signature]
Yes it was![Smile]
[signature]
Kevin,

Your pics. made me so homesick I almost started to bawl. Loveit, loveit, loveit! Thanx for posting.

Tom
[signature]
It was a great place to visit. Sometimes I need a small creek and a remote area to enjoy myself and have fun.
[signature]
Great report!
[signature]