Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st trophy Mac at the Gorge/ weekend report
Just got back form the Gorge for the weekend. This time was different than the others. Caught my first trophy Mac! Not sure exactly what it weighed. My net broke once the digital scale reached 38lbs! So we are calling him a 38lber. Also caught a 17lb mac and a handful of pups. Koke bite for us was non existent. Smallmouth bite was on fire in the south end of the lake.
[signature]
Well done there Weekender!

Great pictures! As soon as you said you had caught a trophy (and yes they are!) I was hoping that you released them. Thanks for sharing. Man I love those beasts!

The pictures look like it is pretty dark outside, what time of the day/night did you catch them?

--- Coot ---
[signature]
Awesome fish! Congrats!

Tom
[signature]
Really nice fish. Congrats!!
[signature]
caught at night?
[signature]
Nice fish. Wish I could get there. Thanks for the report it will keep me dreaming.[fishon]
[signature]
Thanks! I release all lakers over 10lbs. The sun was down, the moon was out and the Lakers were hungry! We caught 3 and lost 1 in a 2 hr period. Fished from 930-1130pm.
[signature]
Here is another pic of my buddy holding the beast. This pic really shows how thick the fish was!
[signature]
Congrats... That's a great looking fish
[signature]
Great fish! I've also caught a few at night. I will attach a pic of a 31 pounder at dark. I'm planning to head up this week to fish for kokes and macs. Any tips? Did you try fishing at Buckboard or Anvil for kokanee?
[signature]
[quote TheWeekender]Here is another pic of my buddy holding the beast. This pic really shows how thick the fish was![/quote]

Nice fish! [cool]
[signature]
We did go up to anvil and fish a few hours but fished south of the pipeline the majority of the weekend. Saw just a few boats net kokes around the pipeline. I would go north. All of the macs we caught trolling flatfish.
[signature]
A great fish man! Congrats!!
[signature]
WOW! awesome job man
[signature]