Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the Willard Wisdom???
So who wants to show me and a buddy the ropes for the wipers on Williard? He has fished several times for them with no success and we have to break this bad luck streak. We will chip in for gas or we can take my 14' aluminum boat. I have fished for them 1 time but no luck.
[signature]
You have picked one of the worse times of the year to target fish at Willard. Water level is low, water is murky and the bite is very show. Good luck on your quest.
[signature]
I fished Willard today trolling shad raps and rattle traps in several colors. Only caught 1 juvenile wiper about 12". The water is low and the water clarity is poor. You might catch catfish if you drift using cut bait.
[signature]
Agree with the above, wipers will pick back up when it cools off and hopefully the pond level comes up and water clarity improves.
[signature]
So one thing about Willard is try try and try again. We fished her last Saturday evening for a couple hours and picked up 2 wipers and a walleye. Like others have said it was murky. So I picked up our speed to 3 mph and tried different lures and didn't take long to get a few line screams in for the evening.

Blue and silver rattle traps in the murky water worked. On a side note we've fished at night and did good as well so not sure how much difference the murk makes.
[signature]
I'm with you on speed, I feel that if the water is murky pick up the speed, get those rattles rattling, the more noise the bait makes the easier it is for the fish to key in on them. So try it next time out, 3-4mph with some lipless cranks and see what happens. Blue back is defiantly a favorite but the green holographic rattlin rapala shines this time of year also.

Tight lines.
fnf[cool]
[signature]