Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big tigers?
So I was explaining to my son that tiger trout get pretty big and he asked...how big do they get. I have heard that there are monsters in Schofield and other places, but I have only caught tigers that were little planters up at soup bowl. So I am wondering if your could post your big tiger trout pictures so he can see how big they get. You don't need to tell me any secrets...unless you want to....just help me show him how big they can get.
[signature]
here is an ok sized one i caught while FOD and I were out fishing one time
[signature]
[#0000ff]Here are a couple of pics I have snagged off reports the last couple of years...of Scofield tigers.

[inline "SCOFIELD TIGER.jpg"]

[inline "SCOFIELD TIGERS.jpg"]

[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Here's one I caught at Scofield in 2012

[inline MassiveTiger2.jpg]
[signature]
WOW! Those are some nice fish!!!!! Thanks for sharing everyone. [fishin]
[signature]
[inline 12-4A2E5E7F-2237315-800.jpg]
[signature]
So I should have thought this out better before I asked to see all of your monsterous tiger trout. I was excited to show your pictures to my son who was overwHelmed when he saw how big they can get. Then the conversation went something like this.

Son. "Holy cow, those are big fish. Where did they catch them."
Dad. "There are big fish like this in scofield."
Son with a Confused look on his face. "What, we've fished scofield and we never have caught anything like this."

We went up to scofield twice this winter and caught chubs...and chubs...and more chubs....

So it was great that he saw your fish...but now he questions my fishing ability.

Seriously though, thank you all for sharing. I look forward to seeing what others post too.
[signature]
Here's a few nice ones I've brought in over the years.
[signature]
This is why an experimental amount of tigers should be put in Strawberry.
Since there are already some in there with no apparent side effects what could a few more hurt?
If tigers will keep the chubs at desired levels and the tigers are more desired than the lame cutthroats in the Berry now, I see it as a win/win for everyone.
Since they are sterile and IF they hurt the koke population, just stop planting them.
If this is a bad idea someone please explain?
[signature]
Pulled this hog out of Trial last summer.

[inline fish1.jpg]
[signature]
Here's a couple more.
[signature]
Personally, if I were to spend any amount of time fishing schofield or strawberry, I would be bugging the dwr for splake....they too would get really big, and personally I enjoy them more than tigers. They also would utilize the chubs as forage...
[signature]
Sounds good to me, do it!
ANYTHING but those wet sock imitating cuttys.
[signature]
Not the largest, but the most colorful!
[signature]
Now that's a good looking fish. It must have a lot of Brook Trout genes.
Most of the more colorful ones I have caught have been males and they have a real dark belly.

I agree with all that they ought to raise and stock more of them in this state. The problem is, they stock minnow sized fish and they get consumed by the resident fish within a couple of days of the stocking process.
[signature]
I love catching tigers. Had the best luck through the ice for them. Here is a pic of a pretty good day. These are not huge but a pair of 22"ers on 2 at the same time gets pretty interesting in a hurry. Hope the picture comes through.
[signature]
This is my largest tiger, a 26" female. It took a big tube jig tipped with rotten nightcrawler.
[signature]