Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recipe for white bass
Hey I was just messing around in the kitchen yesterday and decided to cook up the white bass I caught on monday and made up a recipe that tastes awfully good it is way easy so here it is.

first I filleted out the white bass and put the fillets in some red cooking wine for about 20 minutes or so. Then I prepared the coating for the fish which consists of "krustes" buttermilk pancake mix and some salt and pepper to taste. Then I coated the fillets with the mixture and cooked them in peanut oil (the peanut oil adds a good flavor. I tried it with butter too and the peanut oil tasted better to me).

if anyone tries this let me know what you think or if you have some suggestions on what else to add.

Jed burton
[signature]
another good recipe is use instant pancake mix and use beer instead of water then add seaon salt, coat the fish and cook in peanut oil or other oil that you like. it is great
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Try them "scampi style". Soak the fillets in a plastic bag with about 1 cup of inexpensive sherry for each pound of fillets. Don't leave them more than about 45 minutes to an hour. Dump out the wine, but don't rinse the fillets. Any residual alcohol cooks off.[/size]

[size 1]Melt one stick of butter per pound of fillets and add about two hefty spoons full of chopped or minced garlic. Simmer on med high heat until you get a bit of brown on the bottom. Turn them over and lightly brown the other side.[/size]

[size 1]Spatula the finished fillets into shallow bowls and dip some of the garlicy butter over them. Serve with fresh french bread and dip the bread in the extra butter. NASTY.[/size]

[size 1]Sounds like you have "broke the code" Jed.[/size]
[signature]
WHAT DO YOU MEAN "BROKE THE CODE"?

jED
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Nothing sinister, immoral or unethical. Just an acknowledgment that you are learning enough about those fishies to be able to do some regular harvesting.[/size]

[size 1]Good for you. We're proud on ya.[/size]

[size 1]The test now will be to duplicate your success on return engagements. Just be prepared to be humbled. I have been there and done that...more than I would like to admit. About the time you start to get a bit smug, those wascally whities (and other fishies) will send you back to school.[/size]

[size 1]Wish you the best.[/size]
[signature]
ah now I understand jedi master. I just try not to post those times(when I get skunked). I have way too much to learn to even begin to get smug. It's all just an act to keep my manly ego healthy. I will of course keep cheating off of you guys until I learn enough to think on my own. I am slowly getting there though. so thanks to all those who have given me advice,

Jed
[signature]
[#000080][size 2]He means that he bought his fish at the fish market. Jed is anglyingchallenge. Lets see, I have given him about 20 fish so...becareful Jed, the DWR will come raid your freeze[Tongue][/size][/#000080]
[signature]