Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another berry koke search
We hit the berry this morning, fishing due east of the marina in 75' of water. We managed only 2 kokes this morning but there were plenty of cutts that wanted to play. Both of our kokes came out of 35' of water and the cutts were any where from 25' to 40'. The only color we managed any kokes on was purple.
[signature]
That's a great pic of the cutt. I guess I'll be up there Tuesday and Thursday if the weather cooperates.
[signature]
thanks for the report, I really like that cutt picture too.
[signature]
We hit the water early on Saturday morning. I usually try to fish four rods but the cutthroat action was so fast that it was almost 30 minutes before I could get all four lines in the water. My son was driving the boat and my brother-in-law and his son were there to catch fish not rig rods.

We caught five slot busters and several more fish that were 20-22 inches. We kept one for the smoker.

We ended up catching five kokes and kept two in the two pound range. Things started to slow down at about 8:30am and we got off the water just before 10:00.

Found the kokes at 35 - 45 feet. Pink and chartreuse were working for us but the koke fishing was not as fast as I would have hoped.

Total count for the day was about 25 cutthroat and the five kokanee. The larger fish was starting to show just a little bit of color.
[signature]