Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We've done ok at the gorge
My buddy is a true Mac master.. So we've done ok this year so far. Here's just a couple pics
he needs to hold on to that gill plate tighter!!!!! [fishon]
[signature]
I'm rarely one to criticize how someone holds a fish but holy cow! Was he trying to rip his gills out? Nice fish. If released, I hope it made it.
[signature]

Wow !!!! I don't think that fish is doing too well anymore.
That's not the way to hold a fish unless you are keeping it.
[signature]
[quote 5wtrod]My buddy is a true Mac master.. So we've done ok this year so far. Here's just a couple pics[/quote]

to do along with everyone else, I try not to post about anyone else as im not perfect and make mistakes a lot to but.... when holding trophy macks its best to keep your hands away from the gills to help keep it alive and not mortally injure it
[signature]
Catch those fish trolling?
[signature]
[quote Berg]I'm rarely one to criticize how someone holds a fish but holy cow! Was he trying to rip his gills out? Nice fish. If released, I hope it made it.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]+ 1[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

So here we go again. Here is the regulations for Flaming Gorge on Lake Trout "Limit 8 lake trout/mackinaw, only 1 may exceed 28 inches." When this angler brings this Lake Trout into the net and boat, IT IS HIS! He can do whatever the hell he chooses to do with it at that time. It is not a child, he is not beating his dog or his wife, it is a fish taken legally and within his right. I sometimes find the political correctness faux outrage on this board, concerning topics like this, to be disturbing. There isn't a single person on the site that can say they have never mis-handled a fish. Maybe it squirmed when the pic was taken, maybe his hand slipped, It DOES NOT MATTER because it is his fish.

From someone who fights the radical animal rights agenda on a daily basis , I often wonder how they get their power to change our laws and traditions that take us farther and farther away from the sports we love. This is how, they take statements from anglers like on this thread and use them to inflame a situation, making the point,'if other anglers are criticizing then it must be bad'. These statements then find there way to the law makers who justify, based on emotion mind you, the reduction or even the elimination of a sport based on the way animals are being treated, even in legal situations (see Cecil the Lion, bear hunting in Maine etc...I got a million examples).

5wtrod never even mentioned what they decided to do with this Mack, yet others on the board piled on assuming that they returned this fish, even though it is within the law and their rights to keep it. So my point is this. Stop being a part of the problem by criticizing someone for doing something perfectly legal with his catch. It's his, not yours. He took it legally and your statements are fodder for those are focused on doing away with fishing all together.
[signature]
+1
[signature]
so when someone mishandles a fish, do not point it out? Especially with big fish that can be susceptible to improper handling??? I don't think anyone ragged on him if he kept it? unless I'm missing something. ....
[signature]
In a sense, Yes. Big fish or small fish, what he does with his catch is his business. My issue is not wether he mishandled the fish or not, or took it home or not. The issue is that we on this board sometimes sound like, and give credence to, those groups who will view this as animal abuse and damaging to the natural resource.
[signature]
if the OP or anyone else is intending to release a fish than why not point out proper fish handling? We see the same things pointed out with tiger muskie and I don't hear anyone freaking out.... If he was intending on keeping it than no problem, which I believe no one criticized. Fisherman and hunters pointing out proper handling or other issues is just as important to keep anti's from having more ammo in my opinion.
[signature]
[quote utahgolf]he needs to hold on to that gill plate tighter!!!!! [fishon][/quote]

Does not sound like this was intended to educate, only denigrate. In my opinion!
[signature]
sarcasm is a lost art...... I guess I need to use the Wink face after for those that are too touchy on these sorta things.
[signature]
Or use the [#008000][size 3]sarcasm font.[/size][/#008000]
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]Or use the [#008000][size 3]sarcasm font.[/size][/#008000][/quote]

So who decided on the font color being green? I don't like it!!! I need to brush up on my online emoticons and fonts. Such a shame people could comprehend when they read stuff [Tongue]
[signature]
I comprehend sarcasm fully, with or without a font. No emoticons needed, your emotions and points in this discussion came through loud and clear. As I hope did mine.
[signature]
[quote whit210]
So here we go again. Here is the regulations for Flaming Gorge on Lake Trout "Limit 8 lake trout/mackinaw, only 1 may exceed 28 inches." When this angler brings this Lake Trout into the net and boat, IT IS HIS! He can do whatever the hell he chooses to do with it at that time. It is not a child, he is not beating his dog or his wife, it is a fish taken legally and within his right. I sometimes find the political correctness faux outrage on this board, concerning topics like this, to be disturbing. There isn't a single person on the site that can say they have never mis-handled a fish. Maybe it squirmed when the pic was taken, maybe his hand slipped, It DOES NOT MATTER because it is his fish.

From someone who fights the radical animal rights agenda on a daily basis , I often wonder how they get their power to change our laws and traditions that take us farther and farther away from the sports we love. This is how, they take statements from anglers like on this thread and use them to inflame a situation, making the point,'if other anglers are criticizing then it must be bad'. These statements then find there way to the law makers who justify, based on emotion mind you, the reduction or even the elimination of a sport based on the way animals are being treated, even in legal situations (see Cecil the Lion, bear hunting in Maine etc...I got a million examples).

5wtrod never even mentioned what they decided to do with this Mack, yet others on the board piled on assuming that they returned this fish, even though it is within the law and their rights to keep it. So my point is this. Stop being a part of the problem by criticizing someone for doing something perfectly legal with his catch. It's his, not yours. He took it legally and your statements are fodder for those are focused on doing away with fishing all together.[/quote]

If he kept it, fine..I guess we need more info from the OP, but what if that is the 10th Big Mac they caught that day and we're all handled that way and released? Probably 7 dead fish in the lake plus the 1 he kept!
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]Or use the [#008000][size 3]sarcasm font.[/size][/#008000][/quote]

I might submit that a great deal of this thread could be written in green, especially the original post. I may be wrong, but I suspect that the two posted pictures were no coincidence and they had the desired effect.

Carry on.
[signature]
All the posts about handling seemed neutral to me, just my two cents. This from a guy who makes a point to take all his fish pictures in the kitchen sink or on the stringer. Gotta admit, that big laker's probably done for.
[signature]