Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard attempt 22 Aug am
Ok got My baby out a rhe shop and hitting the bay at O dark 30.

Going to try the west wall early. Say hey if your out...
[signature]
Good luck, I was thinking Hyrum in the morning but Willard is sure tempting. Good luck. J
[signature]
Where'd ya go & how was it? I'm thinking I might head to Willard now.
[signature]
We hit Hyrum, it was pretty good, but way too many ski boats, what was I thinking??? Later J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]We hit Hyrum, it was pretty good, but way too many ski boats, what was I thinking??? Later J[/quote]

Good question...[laugh]
[signature]
Well didn't make it out until Sunday morning. Launched with smoke on the water at 6ish and off at 10 am. Water was murky at 75 deg. Fished the south dyke all the way up to the light pole with narley a bite.

Turned into the main lake at the pole and had a small wiper inhale a black and silver shad rap out 125 ft @ 2.5 mph.

Did move over to freeway bay but same results, just the one fish.
[signature]
Thought I saw your boat out there today. I couldn't buy a bite on any lure at any speed, in any area. But I did catch 5 Wiper and 3 Cats down between the feed lot and the Coffer dams. Just anchored out washing worms and mussels.

[inline 1643_Days_keep_23_Aug_15.jpg]

Kept my limit of Wiper (for the first time in couple months) and the Cats. Got a family fish fry - birthday next month. Need the fish. [sly]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Looks like you had a pretty good day out there Tin-Can. Nice meeting you out there. We tried trolling rapalas for a couple of hours but got nothing. Finally just drifted with worms and ended up catching five catfish by end of day. Appreciate your help out there...hope to run into you again sometime.
[signature]
Dude thats Awesome! I've heard of people doing good on mussels out there, but I have never fished with them before. Are you just asking for them from the local butcher and using a circle hook? Is there a specific type of mussel that works better? Thanks for any info
[signature]
Well sorry it wasn't better but you beat the skunk and hopefully there weren't too many pleasure boaters trying to sink you.

So am I alone in my grumpiness or are those ballast boat waves a little obnoxious? We had one going round and round the pond. (Hyrum isn't that big, especially at low water level.). Anyway those waves were so big they nearly came over the side of my boat and my boat takes some pretty good sized waves. I think I support the push to limit those to the great salt lake. Not really but they sure aren't fun to have anywhere around where you want to fish. Later J
[signature]
When you mentioned "Smoke on the Water" I first thought you were talking about my buddy who goes by "Smoke On The Water" on the BFT site. [fishin]
[signature]
LOL, I can see that. We flew across from the N to the S at full throttle and you could feel the smoke building up in your nostrils.

Pretty freaky situation...

Even Pollyanna thought so.
[signature]
Spent the past couple weekends in the MTS with some of the family who are bow hunting up there, it is a little hazy up there from the smoke but nothing like coming back in the valley to this. [:/]
[signature]