Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wife & Son's bow hunt complete
The wife and our oldest son had spent the past week and a half on the bow hunt near Strawberry, they both had buck tags as well as spike/cow tags. the wife took a forked horn buck the first evening, our son followed up that Monday with one. I went down last Friday afternoon to join them for the weekend and our son took a cow that evening. I came back Sunday with a boned out cow, and our sons boned out frozen buck. Both bucks have been cut up, wrapped and in our freezer. His cow is boned out and in our fridge in the garage waiting for me to cut up this weekend. The wife texts me at 7:45 last evening and said she had just killed a cow from a ground blind she had been sitting in for 8 evenings. I'm sure glad we have some great friends living in that area that were able to help her and our son get it out. Actually the wife had her cow about gutted by the time our son arrived to help mom and shortly after our friends arrived to help load the animal.The elk hung and cooled overnight and this one was taken to the butcher near Arcadia this morning for processing. We usually process our own but with one at home to cut up I was running out of storage space. She said the cow was with a herd of about 20 and one raghorn 5X5, no spikes. They had a great hunt, had to save my vacation for my upcoming muzzy bull hunt next month so I was only able to spend the weekends with them.
[signature]
Nice successful season so far.
[signature]
Fantastic buddy! That looks like a great heart shot she made on that cow. I bet she didn't go far! Please pass along my congrats to Brenda and Dana.

I'm getting wound up for my muzzy hunt next month as well. Will have 3 tags in my pocket so hoping to get some freezer meat!

Take care my friend and best of luck on your bull hunt!
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Fantastic,
[signature]
Thanks Todd, I wasn't with her, she was hunting by herself but the shot she has from the pop up blind is normally a 35 to 45 yard down hill shot to the spring depending upon where they come in. The hole you see is where the arrow passed thru her, she said the cow went maybe 50 or 60 yards and piled up. She has taken elk there before and didn't give up, like I say that was her 8th evening sitting that spot without seeing any elk. She's a trooper. Very proud of her. Best of luck to you on your hunts, hope I can put my bull down before the Muzzle loader deer hunt opens and the hills start ringing with elk calls like last year, at least they give the LE elk hunters a two day head start this year. [cool]
[signature]
Thanks Mark, the friends who hunt with us I'm talking about is a former "Officer Friendly" from this area who you know that performs the same duties down in that country now. He's a great guy and a good friend. [cool]
[signature]
The family is doing well so far this season, just hope I can put a bull down next month.
[signature]
Im sure I know who your talking about.His initials I think are JC by Chance.
[signature]
Yep
[signature]
[Wink]
[signature]
that is a big old mamma elk! Well done!
[signature]
[quote PACKFAN]The family is doing well so far this season, just hope I can put a bull down next month.[/quote]

From what your family has already done I think you will have success as well.[Smile]
[signature]