Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go?
I have a week of Class-B bachelorhood coming up and plan to spend three or four days fishing. I want to fish for species other than trout and I'll be using my kayak.

So, with all the hot water, low lakes, and smoky air, where do you experts recommend I go?
[signature]
Pretty brave Rocky asking people to tell you where to go. With as low as the water is, I bet you could have the Great Salt Lake almost to yourself. I have heard that those brine shrimp put up a good fight on light tackle.[Wink]
[signature]
Ha go North...say Cascade...have fun...hearing from friends...all is going great...tell Tackle Tom hello...
[signature]
One word: Powell!
[signature]
Go down south and fish for bass at quail or Gunlock
[signature]
Now that school is in again, it appears that campsites are pretty vacant - especially ahead of the Labor Day weekend. So maybe I'll go back to my nemesis lake: Starvie.
[signature]
I was going to suggest starvation but thought you would prefer something without trout.[Wink]
[signature]
Flaming gorge east side south from Rock Springs. Lowe Canyon. Launch from the bank.64 feet of water with Buzz Bombs. Hundreds of 3 tof 5 pound kokanee. Better hurry only a few days left then they will be to far red to eat.
[signature]
It's very hard to find someplace completely without trout, but at least I can firmly shake a finger at them and command them, "NO!"
[signature]
Better go early in the week. It's suppose to be windy during the middle of the week.
[signature]
I saw that, too. Wind is what has ruined both my last trips to Starvie. Both times, I launched, only to have the wind suddenly kick up a few minutes later.
[signature]
I always launch at the crack of dawn to avoid the wind at starvie.
[signature]