Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeerCreek Small Mouth Frenzy
[fishon] Deer Creek Small Mouth

Went up to Deer Creek on Wednesday, Aug 26. Water temp was 68 and it was overcast with a few sprinkles. It turned out to be a fantastic day for small mouth and of the 51 fish we caught in 5 hours 10 of them were nice, 16-17" well over a pound.

We fished about 4 different rocky shorelines using a silver rainbow colored #3 blue foxes and plain gold #3 blue foxes. Casting 2' from shoreline, fairly quick retrieve. The action was fast and furious.

Went out again on Friday, fished some of the same locations. And my wife and I caught 24 in about 3 hours. We used the same lures.
[signature]
Looks like a good time. do you think you could do okay from shore if you could access some rocky areas? At what depth were most caught.
[signature]
Unfortunately we only fished one shoreline that was on the highway side. That was the steep one just south of Deer Creek Lodge. The next closest one was on the "island", the south point and the side away from the lodge.

Yes, I think you the conditions are perfect for smallmouth, water temp in the 60's and pretty clear. Most fish were caught in 3 to 8 feet of water.[reply][reply][/reply][/reply]

Hope this helps
[signature]
Those are the fishing days you pray for. Good for you and the wife. [fishon]
[signature]
Sweet!
[signature]
I'll take days like that every day of the week! Good job, thanks for sharing
[signature]