Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
My wife bought me some jointed Rapala's to use on Strawberry trolling this fall. I've never used a jointed minnow shad before. One of them is a rainbow and the other is a silver herring. Do they work as good as the non-jointed minnow?
[signature]
My experience has been they often work better.
[signature]
Really. Good to know. I was thinking of taking them back. Thanks for the reply.
[signature]
In general, a jointed lure will have a wider, slower action than the same lure unjointed. More wobble than wiggle.

I tend to use slower retrieves with jointed Rapalas. They can also be very good at bottom-bouncer/three way trolling speeds.
[signature]
That makes sense. Thank you.
[signature]
I second Kent - my experience is that they often out perform the single piece Rapala!
[signature]
]the new scatter rap jointed minnow has incredible action. I always troll with jointed baits or walleye style cranks. I would pick some of these up to try. I used them this spring and the scatter lipped baits out fished every thing else. It darts side to side and wobbles.
[signature]
One of my favorite crankbaits is jointed shad rap. I've outfished buddies using the same color and size but not jointed. Be careful tho, I was poking fun at them about it and got a hook in my thumb on my next fish lol
[signature]