Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Floyd Lamb today for Cats
What's the best type of bait for catfish at Floyd Lamb? This is the first time fishing the ponds. Not to sure what baits they're used to taking. Does anyone have any effective suggestions on what to use? Thanks.
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! Where is the pond at? What I find good for cats is cut up chub meat. A small piece on a hook with no weight is a great offering. Used this on the Colorado, the green, and Utah like with success. Also be prepared to switch baits if one isn't producing.
[signature]
The best thing I have found out there is shrimp or prepared stink baits.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]Welcome to BFT! Where is the pond at? What I find good for cats is cut up chub meat. A small piece on a hook with no weight is a great offering. Used this on the Colorado, the green, and Utah like with success. Also be prepared to switch baits if one isn't producing.[/quote]

illegal to use fish parts at floyd lamb.

old chicken livers seem to work although some people swear by hot dogs...
[signature]
Sounds good. Since fish parts are out I would try worms too.
[signature]
Which pond did you fish? I fish out there alot, usually for baas, but the times i have gone out for cats,I've caught them on corn or hotdogs. Heres one from a couple weeks ago.
[signature]
Welcome aboard. I haven't fished FLSP for cats, but I'd suggest nightcrawlers with some sort of added scent or attractant sprayed or dripped on. You can find it all at your nearest walmart. Good luck and let us know how you do.
[signature]
hey how did you do up there? I was thinking about taking my daughter up there sometime...
[signature]
Floyd Lambs a tough place to fish. Only the top pond is stocked, but there are fish in all 4 ponds. If your strictly looking for cats, I'd suggest any of the top 3 ponds. Theres bass and bluegill in all the ponds, but they don't come easy. Its very nice out there, and definitely worth a shot. If you just want your daughter to catch a fish, I would recommend Lorenzi park. Its not as nice there, but tons of lil bluegill and small carp. Its basically drop a line in and pull out a fish. Great time for a kid. Hope this helps
[signature]