Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contour ROAM2 Camera...
Sold my GoPro Hero2 last year as I found it too bulky and kind of a pain to cycle through the settings, I recently bought the Contour ROAM2 and I am impressed with the ease of use, nice video quality and waterproof to 3' with no additional housing, I will be using it the end of the month for my Everglades trip, stay tuned for the videos.
[signature]
My sister had one of those contours for 1 year before it broke. Go pro 4 silver is the way to go.
[signature]
Looking forward to seeing your glades video. I'll be interested to hear your review on the Contour ROAM2. What was the cost compared to the Go Pro?
[signature]
My Contour was $142..my GoPro was $299 at the time IIRC. I did some test video last week and I couldn't tell the difference.
[signature]
Wow, that is a big cost difference. When I finally get my camera, that sounds like it will be a good option. Hope it holds up for you.
[signature]
I also like the no case design, rarely did I ever put my GoPro more than 3' underwater while fishing, I noticed in Florida with it that it fogged up due to the humidity and I didn't have any anti-fog packs in the case, wasted some good video, this is smaller, lighter and has more mounting options, the lens can rotate and shoot upright no matter how you mount it, big plus!
[signature]
Well that sounds good, are the mounts cheaper or more expensive than Go Pro?
[signature]
They are fairly cheap, but you can get either pretty cheap if you buy the generic brand mounts.
[signature]
Do you know of anywhere that sells a good head mount for the contour? I picked up a new Roam 2 on eBay for 79 bucks but I can't many mounts for it.
[signature]
Got one off Amazon for cheap, just the head mount that puts it on the side of your head.
[signature]