Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cisco Adventure This Morning (1/16/04)
Hit cisco beach at about 7:00 am this morning for cisco. We broke ourselves a nice sized hole with an axe. Ice was two to three inches thick. We stood on the rocks that are sticking up through the ice and the water in our hole was about three feet deep. We only seen a few straglers until about 7:30. When they came in they came in thick. Groups of 50 or 60 schooled together. We were dipping 10 to 12 every scoop there for awhile. We ended up with two limits in about 25 minutes. I had to get the boys to beaver mountain or we would have stayed longer. Plenty of people there this morning with us and plenty more showing up when we left. Make sure you don't move around alot. They were real spooky this morning. Checkout the photos from this morning.
[signature]
I'm going to try and get up there sunday morning.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Thanks for the post and pictures Crestliner. Bait_Caster and myself are going to give it a try tomorow morning. If anyone would like to stop by and say hi, just look for two guys who look like they don't know what they are doing.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Tongue] [crazy] [crazy] [crazy] [/size][/font]
[signature]
I made it by there this morning about 8:30 AM. The first hole was unproductive (water was only about 1 1/2 feet deep). I moved over and made another hole, where the water was close to 4 feet deep. That was the ticket. Got my limit in about 15 minutes or less. While I was headed back to town to head to Hyrum I was paying more attention to the the cabins that were snowed in than the road and drove off of the road! An hour and half later (after calling AAA auto and having a tow truck on it's way from Logan), a nice gentleman stopped and towed me out. I had dug a nice driveway from my Suburban back onto the road -- which was a great help. Made it to Hyrum just in time to meet BearLakeFishGuy and his dad as they were getting ready to leave. Fished Hyrum for 45 minutes in the middle of the day, without getting a bite on two poles and headed for home.
[signature]
Crestliner or Kent,did anyone venture out into deeper water or is the ice still too spooky???I thought I might hit it on Monday with the kids but I would also like to try a little jiggin'!!M.H.
[signature]
Just wondering how the late afternoon went. Did they keep running the whole time you was there? Plan on maybe going up there tomorrow afternoon.
I would venture to say that most people cut them up and use them for Mac bait.[Smile]
[signature]
Going up Mondays as kid has no school. I al'was wait untill there are plenty of holes to open up easy. We've got the secret down for attraction and the kid's love scooping fish. Taximan& Taxikid!
[signature]
You and crestliner must have been on a different Cisco beach than we were. We arrived around 7:15am and the ice was only 1.5 inches thick, talk about nerve racking, every step the ice would crack. We dipped until 10am but were only catching a few, when out of deep some huge schools of cisco appeared. Wiperslayer and I got our limits but stayed around until 2pm when the slayer caught this nice cutt. (see attachment). It was a nice day for dipping but I would still like to know where Kent and Crestliner were. WH2
[signature]
Nice fish !!!!!!!! I going to have to give that a try some year .
[signature]
Third outhouse from the pay station is where we parked. Wlaked staright down from there. I talked to some guys who netted cisco as late as 2:00 in the afternoon. They were in the same area as we were.
[signature]
We did not see anyone fishing to the immediate north of us but we were past the third outhouse, were that road goes back to the main road. We drove in through the pay station and saw several trucks in that area so we drove on down looking for an area with fewer people, there were two white trucks and a red ford explorer in our group. It sounds like the ice was thicker and you guys did better that we did, at least as far as the cisco catching went. WH2
[signature]
I parked just south of the pay station. There is a sign there something about diving area. I wasn't far from the outhouse. I walked out there and slightly to the north. I sure wish I would have known that you guys were there and I would have stopped and said hi. As far as taking kids out on the ice there on Monday -- forget it -- far too dangerous. The ice was maybe 1 1/2 inches thick. Wiperslayer -- that is one fine cutt that you caught!
[signature]
Kent, Kid is 18,just turned on x-mas day. Thinks he's an adult now but I think he's a big kid. TM
[signature]