Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle on monday?
Is anyone going to be fishing at Jordanelle on monday? Where is a good place to go? I am not very familiar with the names of the areas but I do know that I want to enter from the inlet road that passes by a wildlife building a cleaning area and the road ends at the water. The inlet river current from here is on the opposite side of the reservoir.The south side I think. I was planning on fishing somewhere in that area.If anyone has suggestions about fishing in this area please let me know. Thanks DKSRenegade
[signature]
DKS,

The area you refer to is Rock Cliffs. I'm going on Monday. I'll be there with my dad and my 2 kids. I fish the south side about a ten minute walk from the end of the road. We will have a red atv with us. Please come join us.

I fished there Wed... I risked ridicule had I posted my story. But lets just say I literally caught a fish on every drop for 5 hours. I have landed over 400 fish in three trips there so far. I'm using a simple rig. I attached a photo of it. The splitshot is the same size as the jig head (flourescent) Keep in mind that that the bait is a waxworm. Mealies haven't worked nor has perch meat. The perch are getting bigger. The thirty I took home Wed. averaged 8". and twice as many females as last week.

I hope to see you there...

Slayer
[signature]
how do you tell a male from a female perch.....lift her tail and look LMAO
[signature]
Thanks for your information Slayerace. I hope to be on the ice a little after 7:00 A.M.monday. I will look for you there. I will have an FRS radio on channel 12 if you use one. Will you be directly across from the end of the road or upstream to the east? I look forward to some good perch and trout fishing. I hope to see some more BFT folks there also.DKSRenegade
[signature]
DKS,

If you know where the first point is about 300 yds from the end of the road on the north side, I will be almost directly across fro it on the south side. See you there.

Slayer
[signature]
I think I will come up too. I will try to get my little bro up with me also. Is the fee 5$ there?
[signature]
Slayerace, I will be going to Jordanelle tomorrow as well. Can you take your ATV on the ice or do you use it to get down to the ice? Good Luck tomorrow!
I think the fee at Jordanelle is $7.00 Someone correct me if I am wrong. DKS
[signature]
Trust me, get an annual pass. It will pay for itself in a few trips. It is 7.00 to get in there. Jordanelle is one of the few places where I think the fee is worth it! Heck, the little play area for the kids is worth it alone lol[laugh]
[signature]
I was actually logging on to see if there was a post about your trip to Rockport on Saturday. I really wanted to go but couldnt make it. I was going to head out on Monday to Rockport but saw this post and now I may just head on up to Jordanelle.
Any idea what time the fishing turns-off at Jordanelle? I'll get off work about 9:30 am and most likely wont be up until just before noon. Want to make it worth the trip.
Also, did you only catch perch? Or did you land Rainbows as well?
[signature]
im new here but thinking of jordanelle in the a.m. may see ya there
good luck
[signature]
[size 3]Friday I started fishing Jordanelle at 1:30 until the sun when behind the mountain and it got real cold quick. The fish were biting all day long caught several Trout 12" - 16" and some small Perch. I’m heading up in the morning with wife and kid. I have talked my parents in to coming out for their first ice fishing trip. I’ll have my radio on 12 also. The fee is $7.00 and if you want to purchase annual pass it is $70.00 and you can use a card there at the Nature Center (you’ll have to walk into it) they are open from 8:00 until 5:00 close around lunch around 1:00 - 2:00.[/size]
[signature]
Can anyone give detailed diresctions to RockCliffs and approx travel time from SLC ? Thanks.
[signature]
[size 2]Rock Cliff is the campground on the east arm of the lake. Take HWY 40 to the light north of Heber City (This is the first light going south on HWY 40 past the dam) Turn west and you’ll go to Wasatch State Park, turn East to go to Rock cliff. Just before getting to the park you see a sign to turn left.[/size]

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Entered/untitled.gif[/img]
[signature]