Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for new place to try
moved to Brigham City last year. I have been fishing Mantua most of the time. tried hyrum , porcupine,and logan river. Also the bear river for cats.
thinking of going to cutler but I have no boat. from what I've read its a shallow reservoir where you need to look for holes. Any info on Cutler or any other locations up around Brigham would be appreciated. I'm not asking for your honey hole just a general location .
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
head north young man, fish the Gem state, you will not be disappointed, just look at a map for a lake you should find quiet a few not very far from your house.
[signature]
Cutler has some good spots that are public and deep, but they may be populated at times... The bridge at the Benson marina has deep water running under it and it extends for a quarter mile north along the west bank... Lots of fish banked up in that channel, but they do see lots of hooks so you may need to be smart or tricky to catch the big ones there... East of there a half mile and south a ways is the old railroad tressel that has a walking trail across it now, it can be very good at times for bass, crappie and cats... Water is deep there as well... Then up east a few miles by the Benson church you can access the Bear River straight west of the church and follow down along the river and fish many deep good holes with cats, walleye and panfish and bass... Just takes a little exploring, lots of power and light land that is open to public, but watch and respect private ground as well.. Typically P&L owns the lower elevation lands that would be flooded by the reservoir in flood stage, and these areas usually have access points at road crossings and for the most part are dry and fishable this time of year.. If you need more info when you go give me a PM and we'll see if we can help you out... I live close by... Later J
[signature]
Thank you SkunkedAgain. very helpful . Also enjoyed reading about your cast net trip.
[signature]
You're very welcome, pay attention to Kochanuts suggestion too idaho has some great fishing just across the border. It's worth the day permit or buy a season next January. If you need more Cutler info let me know. Later J
[signature]
Idaho is great, and since you're fishing from shore all the new changes up there won't affect you. I'm pretty down about the current state of things up there. Three of the best bass lakes up there were just closed down to any kind of water craft, even float tubes, so I'm pretty bummed. Still, I much prefer Idaho to Utah.
[signature]
thanks guy guess I'll look into and do some Idaho fishing. other than Bear Lake any good ice spots up there?
[signature]
I don't ice fish, but I know a lot of people do in the area. If you're after trout, Deep Creek would be a good spot. Weston has some football shaped trout and some big perch, though I've found the trout taste like moss. Treasureton is managed as a trophy trout fishery and is infested with largemouth too. It does have special regs so look into that if you go. Glendale, Twin and Lamont also have trout, crappie, bluegill and perch as well as bass. Oneida has walleye and perch, but the ice can be sketchy up there.
[signature]
Greg,
What lakes did they close to flotation devices? I had heard the wake boats were being kicked off, but I didn't know everything else was being shutdown.... That's Sad, darn muscles anyway... Can you still wade? Thanks J
[signature]
All the ones owned by the Twin Lakes Canal Company. So that's Winder, Condie and Twin, all the best largemouth lakes in my opinion. I guess I need to check out Glendale since it's now only 10hp max there. I need to explore Johnson some more too I think. I've tried Lamont a couple of times and Devils Creek, but they were both pretty disappointing.

I would imagine you can still wade them, though that will really only be helpful in the spring. I guess I'll have my shot at some bigger bass then.
[signature]
Wow that just ruined my day. I love trolling Twin, so now you can't even put a toon on there? That really is disappointing. Thanks for the info, glad I didn't buy a season Idaho license and Im pretty sure I won't next year now either. Doing their best to ruin a good thing. Oh well I've been doing okay at home so I dont need to go to other states. Just wish we had a few good big rainbow ponds closer to here. I get tired of 14" and smaller Hyrum bows. Those 5 lb bows out of Twin at times were wonderful, will miss that pond for sure. Later J
[signature]
Yeah I'm going to miss the big bass and solitude at Winder. I don't like the reservoirs closer to Preston as much. Seems like you get more people tearing around on loud atvs and dirt bikes, more people blasting car stereos etc. It's just not as peaceful and so far I'm not impressed with the fishing either. I'm contemplating not getting a license either, but I think there are enough places to keep me going. It won't be the same though, that's for sure.
[signature]