Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Advice
I am heading to bear lake Saturday afternoon for an evening of fishing, but I am not sure what to use and what methods work best up there. I can troll on the downriggers or jig with some tube jigs. Bait fishing is ok too. I would like to get some trout for the smoker!!
[signature]
Probably a better place than Bear Lake to get trout for the smoker.

Quote:Bear Lake, Rich County
See Fishing across state lines and reciprocal fishing permits on page 8 for license requirements.
• Limit 2 trout.
• Cutthroat trout or trout with cutthroat
markings with all fins intact must be immediately released. Only cutthroat trout that have had one or more healed fins clipped may be kept.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]
I fished it for my first time over labor day. Monday was on the water at 6:30 and fished til one witout a bite! We started by jigging for an hour and then switched to trolling rapalas...the wind was not helpful so for a last hurrah we tried bait with no success. I attribute it to being my first time fishing it, however I didnt see any other boats picking fish up either. Best of luck and on the bright side...you cant do any worse than we did!
[signature]
Well some plans may have changed last minute so I might hit the gorge this Saturday instead. I will still go to bear lake a few times in the fall though.
[signature]