Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake
Another three day trip cut short because I was satisfied after a day and a half of fishing at Henry's Lake. I got in the water at 3:00 PM and at 7:30 my count was at 13. The biggest was 6 lbs and the rest but two were over three. The next mourning I was the first one on the lake and when I finished after taking a lunch break I had caught 16 or 18. My mind started playing tricks with me after 13, 40 minutes later after I landed a fish I couldn't decide if it was the 15th or 16th. Oh well, it was good. Orange was the color of choice with some kind of flash in it. I caught mainly
[signature]
Looks like it's time for me to start fishing Henry's . Have not been there once this year . The reports have been so bad until a week ago . Looks like the cold snap has turned it on . Thanks for the report .
[signature]
Ok so let me get some feedback from you if you dont mind.

We are heading up to Henrys this Wed. for our annual 5 day guy trip. I have been hesitant to fish Henrys with all the toxic algae talk. We are in a boat and 2 in our party are on kickboats.
We were thinking of just fishing other lakes but really want to stay on Henrys since that is the whole reason we go up there every year. Did you hear anything or maybe talk to fish and game people about it? Where did you put in and did you see any of the blooms they are talking about?

also has the moss turned?

Sorry for the 50 questions! Any help would be great!

Thanks,Brian
[signature]
https://www.facebook.com/IdahoDEQ?fref=ts

This is the latest info I have found. I am watching it closely as well because I want to fish henrys as usual. It is the third or fourth post down the page on the above link.
[signature]
fishing is getting better everyday.no fishermen have washed up on shore from the algia[laugh] but its cranking up and some 5 to8s have been caught. some from shore
[signature]
Well I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Fished the cliffs yesterday morning for about 4 hours without even a single hit. This lake seems to really enjoy teasing me.
[signature]
Most fish are being caught in the marina area at the state docks (SE corner of the lake) and mouth of the creeks
[signature]
We just got back. Fished the State yesterday (And Damon was at our cabin when we got back, how cool was that!!!)
Fishing was good. Water temp around 56. Damon did say it was slow according to most. Sounds like some had the secret. My brother fished the day before us and nothing.
My hubby and myself had action right out of the gate.
I am however going to add some color to this post, instead of the click and wait.
I was using two flies about 3' apart. Got really interesting:
[Image: double_zpsow9qhfll.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0109_zps35ktd33c.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0107_zpsezozbtxr.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0110%202_zpsp3awa6ee.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0114_zpsfvlsb1tz.jpg]
[Image: DSCN0116_zpsiizz2on8.jpg]
All let go......
[signature]
Would you mind sharing what you caught them on?? The previous post said orange, I'm assuming that was mostly caught on buggers. I'm planning on heading up there in a few weeks for some fall fishing. Any info you could give me would be great! Thanks
[signature]
Sure, I am a big fan of Jack Gartside's Softhackles. I like the Black and Purple, and the Orange and Black this time of year. I will always catch something on these but I also use a Type 2 and 3 sink. There were plenty close to top so an Intermediate could be great. It was very windy so we were moving kinda fast (not anchored).
A list of flies that I would have on hand for Henry's would be Hot Chocolate, Purple Showgirl, Mity Mouse, & Henry's Renegade (Bill Schiess) I would also have Haresears #12, Denny Richards Olive and Burnt Orange Seal Leech. Earlier in the year Mids.
Good luck! we did manage one Brookie about 18".
[signature]
Awesome! Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.
[signature]