Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield?
Not hearing too much about scofield these days. Any recent reports? How is the water clarity? How about the level?
[signature]
As of 9/22/15, Scofield sits at 13% of capacity.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]
Now that's low. One things for sure all the fish will be congregated into a small area.
[signature]
I'm very concerned about Scofield. I've been able to find enough nice fish to make it definitely worth the trip every time the last four years.

But this year they've been much more elusive thus far. I have heard of a few Scofield Lunkers being pulled from the lake, but far fewer than I normally hear about.

My personal trips have also resulted in more and larger chubs.

I'm very concerned the persistent low water last year resulted in a lot of winter kill among the lunker population.

But really, the Cutt fishing doesn't turn on until it gets COLD up there. I'm going to try once more in about a month and then decide if its worth sacrificing a Strawberry trip for.

I am having the best year I've ever had at Strawberry for big fish.
[signature]
If we don't have a wet winter this year we might as well say goodbye to all our fishing holes. They will be nothing but mud.
[signature]
Hello albinotrout! A little off topic, but first off I'd like to apologize to you Sir for not responding to your PM! Don't get here often and just flat never checked. Hope you had an enjoyable trip. From what I read you caught a few fish, and enjoyed the photos of dad and his fishing daughter! Never fished much in Flag, more so on the Mogollan Rim. I've had some luck at the Williams lakes as well as the Prescott area, close to my cabin.

As you can imagine we are experiencing the same low lake water conditions as you folks, maybe even worse. Been a long hot summer! Went to Lake Pleasant near my home just to scratch my fishing itch. All my favorite spots..bone dry. Only a few spots to launch my float tube without a mountain goat.

I was hoping to make a trip to the Beaver Mtn lakes again this fall, but with the addition of a new born fishing buddy don't know if grandpa can drag himself away haha!

Hope we all get some rain and LOTS of snow this winter. Take care..Azwadder.
[signature]
Thanks! Hopefully we will have a very wet winter. I parked the boat at the end of June. Not enough wetness to launch it. I will be using my toon until we get more water.
[signature]