Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry last night
Fished Strawberry Marina last evening with Tincanfsh. Got there about 8:00 PM and left around 1:00 AM. Only managed to get four fish through the ice and all were in the slot limit. Mighty cold out when we left. First tried in 15 feet of water with no luck and then fished 27 feet. Ice is 15 inches thick.
[signature]
kentofnsl were u in an ice tent/ hut? what do you use for jigs at night. do you have a lantern over your hole? it seems fishing turns off for me when the sun turns off.

jr8fish
[signature]
Kent you are a hearty soul!
[signature]
HFT, your way to KIND !!
MB [Smile]
[signature]
[Smile]I am probably more into Ice fishing than most but at 1am I am sawing logs in a nice warm bed.
[signature]
[size 1]jr8fish -- Yes we were in an Shappell ice shack. You can often fish up there for a few hours after dark without an ice shack; however, if you are going to stay longer than that you better be inside of a shack. I have a propane lantern inside of the ice shack --- provides light and much appreciated heat. I also turn on my submerged 12 volt light; however, most of the time I don't think that it makes much difference, and last night we caught more fish while it was off. I do use jigs that glow in the dark and shine a laser light on them frequently. Last night what worked the best was a jig head that glowed, with a white Whatta Cricket that also glowed. I tried various sweeteners, but what worked the best was a small ball of orange PowerBait. DO NOT GO IT ALONE -- it is far too dangerous to be out there by yourself after dark![/size]

[size 1]HFT -- hearty (crazy is probably a better adjective) soul yes, but love to fish even more. I wanted to get out and Friday was my only chance. [/size]
[signature]
I was going to say fool hearted[Wink][Tongue]
[signature]
[#000080][size 2]Kent didn't tell anyone that he has a satellite dish hooked up and a mircowave unit installed in his ice tent.[Wink][/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2] Didya try my new secret rig yet, Kent?[/size][/#000080]
[signature]
If you mean your variation on down-rigging, yes I fished that way.
[signature]