Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Extravaganza
What a day. The weather couldn't have been nicer. Sunshine, and no fog. There was a hell of a group there, it was nice to meet everyone. The fishing was slow with only a few small perch & rainbows caught. Still a damn good time. Thanks to the Breakfast Chefs, Polo, & Mr. Salsa for letting me borrow his auger.
[signature]
Kudos to Polo and the cooks. I totally agree with chefwhofishes. Because of the effort you guys put out, the rest of us loafers had a super day on the hard water.My wife and daughter were so impressed with you guys. They couldn't believe that you would donate your time to a bunch of strangers when you could have been fishing yourselves. I would like to be on the list to help for the next bash. Thanks again for your unselfish friendship DKSRenegade.
[signature]
It was real nice to meet you all and sorry to those I didn't say hi too. the wife and I had a great time. we only pulled up 2 perch but hey that just made the trip . thanks to polo for putting this on being his b-day weekend and all. the food was great and being able to talk to you guys was the best. also sorry if i didn't or dont remeber your names I'm real bad that way.

any way it was fun, we had a good time and I'm sure you all did also thanks for all you do this buds for you. mmm good.
[signature]
Agreed, a big thx to Polokid and everyone who donated their time and money to help make this a big success. Here are a couple group pics. I would say this is only about 3/4 of the people that showed up. We had a great turn out over all.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2370;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2371;]
[signature]
Hey again this is Mrs. Nomoose,
Sorry that Norm has a hard time remembering names that is what I am here for. Not always though. It was great meeting all of those we did get to meet. I still need to get my own name and all but for now I am just using Norm's to post. I hope to see all of you again and if you can try and go to Redmond on the 31st of this month![Smile]
[signature]
My thanks to Polo also I know the time he put in for this. It was a great time meeting,talking and cooking for everyone. We figured we cooked 18 lbs of hashbrown, 20 lbs of bacon and about 16 doz. eggs and holly hell YOU ATE THE WHOLE THING!!!! Hope I can remember names and faces when we meet again your a great bunch of people. How can you do better than a day out of the fog fishing with friend and family and all of the kids were great. Did anyone hear one kid cry all day thats what I'm talkin about. Tell we meet again happy fishing.
[signature]
Right on! glad you boys had some fun.

Remember pikeman is holding a breakfast and get together nest month on fish lake where I there no doubt the fish will be caught in numbers.

Last years trip down there was non stop on the splake and rainbows.

Sorry I couldnt make it.
[signature]
Thanks to everyone responsible for todays party. I've never had so much fun getting skunked.
[signature]
thank rob for putting on a great party. after everone left yper, yperjr, fishfearme and i went out farther and slayed the perch brought home 80 for the frezzer.i hope yper has fun falaying them
[signature]
That was alot of fun puttng some faces to the names I read everyday.

I guess the trout were in the shallower water while I was helping cook what seemed like a whole pigs worth of bacon my boys caught 5 14-15" rainbows.

what a great day!!
[signature]
It was good meeting ya FP40. Guess I should have stayed close to you guys!

Did anyone get a photo of the tables with the BFT banner across the front?
[signature]
We also want to thank Polo and all the great cooks at Rockport!!!! It sure was a beautiful day and a lot of fun. Katt
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Heeeyyyyyy you Guuuuyyyssss, I had a Blast on the ice yesterday. it's always great to put names with faces and meet up with old friends.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] It looked like everyone was having a good time. I have to say that the Kitchen crew out did themselves and I want to Thank them for a Great job, Well Done Fellas.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] I'm anxious to get back to the water or ice I should say, Hope to hook up with some of you and as always some great fishing.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] Once again Great Job guys [/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[cool]Yesterday was phenominal and much needed for us to get up out of the fog!! First time ice fishing, and I am now thoroughly addicted!! Everyone was so nice, and I wanted to thank Polo for putting everything together. Breakfast was outrageous!!! My husband, my children, and myself, thank all of you who participated for a wonderful experience.
[signature]
Hey Everyone,

What a fun day on the ice. It was good to meet everyone and man what a breakfast. Three of my buddies and I decided to be adventurous and went deep to fish. It turned out to be a good choice. Between the four of us we caught 80 perch and 35 rainbows. It was still hot at 2:30 but we had to leave. I could of stayed out there all day. Thanks to Polokid for the idea. I hope we do it again real soon.
[signature]
I feel that the get together was a huge success!!! I didnt do much fishing but did meet alot of great folks. I had a blast. Thanks everyone that donated time or supplies for this get together. Teroy, I guess I should stand by your pole more often!!!![Wink]

I had to leave at 12:00 to enjoy my birthday weekend at Wendover. Just a report from there, I lost my shirt[crazy], but i expected that. OEJ bank rolled on the dollar slots!!![cool]
[signature]
I would be honored if you would bless me with your presence close to my pole!!!! [Wink]

I am hoping to smack around Strawberry next weekend, wanna go lol[Smile]
[signature]
Thank you all very much for the great breakfast and no fish to clean![Smile] My wife and kids really enjoyed it and asked if they could go again. Score! New fishing rod and power ice auger now? who knows.
[signature]
Thinkfish, was that you in the white ice tent? Who ever that was, told me on the radio, to get out to the middle more. We moved our tent out and found the fish again. The perch were on the bottom at 45' and the rainbows would pass by at 12' to 20' once in a while. We did real well from then on until we left at 2:30. All in all a good day. I hope to do even better monday at Jordanelle. Hope to see some more BFT folks there.I will be on channel 12 FRS DKS
[signature]
Yes that was me in the white tent. It was good to meet you. Hope you did well today. I wish I was out there myself.
[signature]