Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of Utah interested in buiding a dam up Logan canyon
its true they are drilling holes up Logan canyon at temple fork. They are interested in building a 300 ft high dam there. It's the state of Utah that wants to do it

Www.aerialpursuitflyfishing.com
[signature]
I had not heard that but if it were true, I'd be all for it. They are saying the population is going to double in Utah in the next 20 years and if that is true, there is little chance conservation alone would be enough. When the last dam was built in Utah, I wondered how it would effect the area but it turned out to be a great thing and Jordanelle has been a plus for Northern Utah. If what you are saying is true it would mean another road being built up Logan canyon and that would be another plus, IMO because the current road is very dangerous in the Winter. I guess time will tell.
[signature]
IM Not sure we are all going to agree with ur enthusiasm. It would be like saying to the wiper crowd-- hey the bear river marsh out there is drying up- lets drain Willard bay. this dam would on a tributary not in the main canyon so same old unsafe highway would there.
[signature]
I don't see any source for this story in your link or on google. Can you provide any?
[signature]
I think that inactive link he has goes to his blog but I googled it and came up with this:
http://www.cachehikers.org/Reports/Templ...eport.html

I've elk hunted in that area and can see how it could be a good area for a dam. Very deep canyon, little in the area but an ATV trail.
[signature]
Here is a link to the big plan but it has not been approved as far as I know:
http://www.sltrib.com/news/2230808-155/l...he-wasatch
[signature]
Kind of surprising if they got the okay for that area considering all the Bonnie spawning habitat up there.
[signature]
Thank you for the response. The trib article is now 7 months old. I wonder if the state is just remaining tight lipped about their plans and that is why there is not more discussion referenced online.
[signature]