Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Saturday 10/10/2015
I attached the homemade downriggers back up to my dad's boat and headed to Cisco Beach on Saturday Oct. 10 with my dad, bro.-in-law and nephew. We launched at Rainbow Cove about 7:30am and started trolling south. Only two other boats were on the water. My nephew picked up the first fish of the day right off the bat. It was a laker about 24-25 inches and the cheapo scale said 5lbs. He caught it on a hot steel colored Rapala.
[inline "Bear Lake Oct. 10 1.jpg"]

10 minutes later my bro-in-law had one on with the same lure. It seemed a sizeable fish but shook off before we could see it. After that, the hot fishing turned cold and around noon we headed for the rock pile. I had a fish pull me out of the clip but I wasn't ale to set the hook. We went back over to the east side and shortly thereafter I hooked a 26.5 inch laker that was just shy of 7lbs. I caught it on an RMT bahama mama dodger & pink super squid.
[inline "Bear Lake Oct.10 2.jpg"]

We had a few other fish on that we lost. All of the fish seemed to hit about 10ft off the bottom in 70-80 FOW. We also saw a few shore anglers with some nice fish. We pulled off the water around 3:00pm and there were 5-6 other boats on the water.

Having calm, glassy water and sunny mid-seventies temperatures sure made the day seem more like August than October.
Great report thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I have the entire week off next week for the deer hunt and am thinking about pulling the boat up for those long afternoons. Are they long-lining up on cisco beach already?
[signature]
Yes, they are long-lining. There weren't many, but I saw a few and talked to a gentleman in a kayak as he was dropping his lines. He said he'd done quite well for cutthroat. We just tried to give wide berth as we approached the bank tanglers. Didn't snag anyone's long-lines...that I'm aware of.