Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Deer Hunt
I saw this buck get up after a Quad came down a ridge and the rider got off and looked around for about 5 to 10 mins. and went back up the ridge..The deer was about 20 yards from the rider..
The deer seemed to be looking up the way the rider went, all I could see at this time was the back half of the deer..
Then the deer walked behind some some brush and was out of site..
I kept glassing the hills and would pan the brush where the deer had gone into, then like a sore thumb I could see the deer looking striate at me..It was 322 yards by rang finder and all I could see was the head..
I could see what looked like dead brush or horns so I looked with my spotting scope and could see it was at least a 4 point..
I shot for the only thing I could see, the head with two friends that was with me spotting and hit the buck in the ear..The four point turned out to be this five point..

.[inline "Cliff's 5X5.jpeg"]
[signature]
Nice deer Clifford. Congratulations.
[signature]
Very nice Cliff, congrats[cool]
[signature]
Thanks.
[signature]
That's a Beauty Cliff -- Hope you got your freezer ready!
[signature]
Great story Bassrods![cool]
[signature]
Very nice Cliff! The patient ones get the prize in the end.[cool]
[signature]
I wish I would have seen a checking station on my way home so I could have got a weight on him and age..
[signature]
Yup and its like fishing stories, it's mine and I'm sticking to it..[Wink]

My boat is getting fixed now but I hope to get it dack this week..Then hit the water some place, will let you know if you want to go..
[signature]
I know I work Monday but beyond that I have not made my work schedule for next week.[Smile] Let me know when you know and I'll join you out there.
[signature]
Sounds good.
[signature]
Thats a great deer Cliff. Nice work. Good character on that one.
[signature]
Thanks.
[signature]