Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Talk
I was listening to Gun Talk on the radio about an hour ago and the host brought up a good point about gun control. Basically he was talking about the countries that have gun control and how it works and the results, then he commented that in the UK they have taken one step farther and have outlawed pocket knifes that have locking blades. Then he said, Whats next, are they going to outlaw hammers? I guess in Canada they are having a rash of attacks where the the attacker was using a hammer. How does that saying go, When they outlaw guns/hammers only outlaws will have gun/hammers[crazy]. We live in a crazy world and the only way to protect ourself's is to make sure we have the same weapons the bad guys have, taking them away just seems crazy, doesn't it? What are your thoughts on the subject?
[signature]
History does repeat itself if lessons aren't learn. There are many similarities between the Roman Empire and the the US. (i.e. Sports, Government, etc.)

Will the World downfall happen in the next 30 years ? Who knows - Is Utah in the best place when the stuff hits the fan - I think it's probably in the top 10%.

Do I have a generator, camper, guns, ammunition, and supplies. You Bet.

Onto your "Gun Talk" - recently the mayor of St. Louis said the body count from daily shootings far exceeds the School shooting. She (yes the mayor is a lady) wants more action taken for this type of daily gun fire. Chicago had 44 people shot & killed over the 4th of July weekend - that was down from previous years. Yearly numbers are in the 700+ just from Chicago (within the city limits). Obama did nothing for his home state while he was a local politician.

I haven't got a concealed carry permit yet - been thinking about it and probably should. So I use the Boy scout Motto -- Be Prepared -

Being from the Dakota's where a gun in the pick-up gun rack was the norm and is still that way - no politician is going to get away with taking gun away from the people - if they do then I will move to a state that still allows the right to care arms.
[signature]
+1 to everything Lundman said.

I grew up in Montana. Gun in back window gun rack standard issue... Heck I had one in my truck at all times including going to High School (legal back then/no laws against it). It never once jumped out of my truck to hurt anyone.

Though I live in Nevada if things turned I'd want to be in Utah too...

I have my permit [Wink]

Tom
[signature]
[quote wolfs4evr]+1 to everything Lundman said.

I grew up in Montana. Gun in back window gun rack standard issue... Heck I had one in my truck at all times including going to High School (legal back then/no laws against it). It never once jumped out of my truck to hurt anyone.

Though I live in Nevada if things turned I'd want to be in Utah too...

I have my permit [Wink]

Tom[/quote]

[cool]
[signature]