Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC walleyes
Picked up two walleyes this morning at DC 19 and 15 inch, have been getting them along the rocky shore lines just before sunrise. I was wondering if any one is getting any at night and around what time do they start feeding along the shorelines at sunset or is it later.
[signature]
In my opinion some walleyes eat at night all year long, regardless of what the weather or moon is doing.... And it is no secret that sunrise and sundown are arguably the best times to catch walleye. The light switch is always money.

To be honest, my opinion is that a lot of walleyes eat at night - not just someSmile

Try fishing for them at night but slow down your presentation a little and if you can fish something that puts off some flash or vibration... or bothSmile

Don't use a headlamp or if you must use a red light... and don't shine it directly out in front of where you are casting. And if you can, put on some waders ... they allow you to cast up and down parallel to the shoreline more... that is where you'll find them at night...

Last tip? It's okay to fish a little bigger at night. It will help them find it... if you have the right rod and line 5-6" offerings work really good at night just be confident in it!

Good luck!
[signature]
Sweet!
[signature]
[quote Gemcityslayer]In my opinion some walleyes eat at night all year long, regardless of what the weather or moon is doing.... And it is no secret that sunrise and sundown are arguably the best times to catch walleye. The light switch is always money.

To be honest, my opinion is that a lot of walleyes eat at night - not just someSmile

Try fishing for them at night but slow down your presentation a little and if you can fish something that puts off some flash or vibration... or bothSmile

Don't use a headlamp or if you must use a red light... and don't shine it directly out in front of where you are casting. And if you can, put on some waders ... they allow you to cast up and down parallel to the shoreline more... that is where you'll find them at night...

Last tip? It's okay to fish a little bigger at night. It will help them find it... if you have the right rod and line 5-6" offerings work really good at night just be confident in it!

Good luck![/quote]

Thanks for the tips. These are always good to know.
[signature]
Sounds good, I have been using 3.5 in jerk baits, they have been hitting on the pause.

Thanks
[signature]