Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay/ Utah lake
Since the ice is coming off Willard Bay and Utah lake I was wondering how far the ice had to be off befor hooking into some walleyes? and where the best spots usually are? and is there a chance of hooking anything else beside walleyes? <br><br>
I don't know about utah lake but wipers are one of the fish you will catch at willard. I've had good luck for wipers and walleyes at the south east corner of willard but there are a lot of areas to try that are good at times. Smallmouth and catfish are also there in good numbers. I've heard that as soon as the ice starts breaking up the wipers can be caught. WH2<br><br>
Rumor is that walleye are being caught. Right now the hot spots will be areas near spawning sites. The best of the spawn locations will all be closed but you may find a hungry pre or post spawn walleye hanging around. As far as willard goes, until the ice is off enough to get a boat out you may want to try the edges where the inlet dumps in to the lake. Just stay below the buoys and you will be alright. Some fish the area over by the outlet as well, this area is not closed. As far as utah lake, the geneva bubble up, provo river and other prime locations will be closed for a while but the surrounding areas may produce a few. One thing you may want to consider is looking at a trip to starvation. Call down to the parks office and ask them about the current conditions or get a hold of rob from robs tackle. I am ready to catch whatever is biting.<br><br>