Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead 10-24-15
Went out to the Vegas Wash again for some Shad control.
The water temperature is about 74 degrees and the water levels have changed since last weekend.

Bait was found in the last cove on the left but more bait were on the right side.
Most of the bait is in deeper water around 12 feet.

Stripers are holding off Sand Island in 40 to 60 feet deep, drift through them with the Carolina rig.

The bite went wide open around 10:30 until 1pm.
We caught over 50 for two people, took 20 home.
[signature]
Awesome.

Thanks for the report.

Tom
[signature]
Awesome![cool]
[signature]
Good to see you out there Toby. Thanks for the info. I was able to catch a bunch of stripers on Saturday and Sunday evenings and loaded up the freezer. I found fish holding at 40-60' in 100+ feet of water. Most caught on shad, but a few on spinnows and topwater.
[signature]
Maybe a little off topic but I'm going out to #33 hole to tear up the banks today and need some suggestions.With limited access to deeper waters where,what,and how would you guys in the know fish for LMB,SMB (I've caught precious few at Mead),or possibly stripers.Last week I got a 1# LMB and a bait sized striper and missed a couple strikes while trying to improve my A.M. topwater technique.Is it getting too cool for LMB to be shallow and too warm for stripers? I was fishing the coves in the morning starting with poppers and spooks,then went to cranks and spinnerbaits,and finished with anything else I had with little results. Any help is always appreciated.
[signature]
When I was out several weeks back the topwater bite was on for LMB/SMB/Stripers in the AM. But died off quickly. The LMB/SMB action didn't pick back up until later in the afternoon. LMB/SMB should be stocking up for the winter and have their feed bags on back in the coves.

Tom
[signature]
Thanks,Tom
I'll keep working the coves...I'm actually getting pretty good at walking a spook and working the popper.I've just got to wait to feel the fish after the initial explosion.I guess I'm in the right spots sometimes,and other times they're just not there or are being tight-lipped.
[signature]