Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I give up
What a tough year. My trolling motor control board called it quits back in June and I've only been fishing once since then. I need to get a new board but the boat fund has been empty all summer. I'm just giving up hope for this soft water and I am ready for ICE!!!!!!
[signature]
Thats too bad, sounds like you need to upgrade to a gas kicker that doesn't have those problems[Wink]. Does this problem have to do with your foot control or is it in the head of your elect trolling motor?
[signature]
Bummer, well winter is always a good time to get the gear ready for next year.
[signature]
yes a gas kicker will happen someday. The control board is in the base of the trolling motor. I guess what happened is I was at Manuta and got tangled in the weeds and it shot the voltage up because it was trying to compensate and burnt up the board. There needs top be a circuit breaker or fuse in line there with I will be adding when I finally get this problem fixed. Till then I'm just dreaming about drilling holes.
[signature]
That's the plan. I always organize and re organize during the winter. It's an easy fix, It's just the board is like $120 and that money has been elsewhere this summer. It just always seems like it's something.
[signature]
[quote TheFishSlayer]That's the plan. I always organize and re organize during the winter. It's an easy fix, It's just the board is like $120 and that money has been elsewhere this summer. It just always seems like it's something.[/quote]

I know that feeling. Plan on doing something and three months later finally get to do it.[crazy]
[signature]