Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween report
Bait is on the left back in the Vegas Wash.

Fish are holding at 60 ft .

Drifted from Sand Island to Government buoy.

Nothing over 3 pounds.
[signature]
Thanks for the report!
[signature]
Did the same thing yesterday. Actually got into a few 4-6lbrs and had a real nice one on for about 5 mins but pulled the hook.
I love fishin live bait with a med lite action rod and 8# line but wish i went a lil heavier on this trip!
Fish are super healthy Im very happy to see our fishery coming back! It kinda reminds me of when Gypsum wash was the spot to be and getting into a school of 5lbrs was common.
[signature]
Lets see some pics of these 5lbers?
[signature]
What no pics?
[signature]
[quote StarsnStripers]Did the same thing yesterday. Actually got into a few 4-6lbrs and had a real nice one on for about 5 mins but pulled the hook.
I love fishin live bait with a med lite action rod and 8# line but wish i went a lil heavier on this trip!
Fish are super healthy Im very happy to see our fishery coming back! It kinda reminds me of when Gypsum wash was the spot to be and getting into a school of 5lbrs was common.[/quote]

Love to see the pics as well
[signature]
Our fish were average to small.
We caught 40 from 10:30am until noon.

The 2 pounders all look the same unless you throw a bigger one in the mix.
[signature]
I agree, the Striped Bass in general lately are much smaller than normal and spread out. Thanks for all the detailed reports Iamthesmf, way to stay on the fish! How is the water level? Still down?
[signature]
Looks like it dropped about a foot
[signature]
[quote StarsnStripers]Did the same thing yesterday. Actually got into a few 4-6lbrs and had a real nice one on for about 5 mins but pulled the hook.
Fish are super healthy Im very happy to see our fishery coming back! It kinda reminds me of when Gypsum wash was the spot to be and getting into a school of 5lbrs was common.[/quote]

Hey have you (or anyone) been to gypsum wash recently? I was looking at google map and it looks like there may be decent LMB areas. Been wanting to check it out, but it's kind of a long ride for it to suck...
[signature]
Gypsum wash has been high and dry for the last few years. Heck the areas I use to fish are all high and dry.
[signature]
[inline 20150829_151524.jpeg]
[signature]
Nice pic.[bobhappy]
[signature]
[quote toadie_79]Gypsum wash has been high and dry for the last few years. Heck the areas I use to fish are all high and dry.[/quote]

I know its a fraction of the former size and the bay is gone, but on google maps, it still looks like there are a ton of coves with rocky points to fish.

(sorry to hijack the thread)
[signature]
Greg84, your probably seeing government wash and vegas wash. There is still lots of shore access however if you are bank tangling you are going to have to do a lot of hiking.
[signature]
]I've been fishing the echo bay area from shore lately. Pretty easy to get down to the water, never anybody out there, and the fishings decent for lmb and smallies. Average size has been around a lb., but theres goota be something nice out there.
[signature]