Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Provo Today...
Fished the lower down around the turnoff, a few Redds are getting started but it looks like a few more weeks before full spawn mode, fish still hit Orange Glo Bugs though, hot bug was my Olive Serendipity size 16, caught 15 or so in a few hours, all fish looked like the ones pictured.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I didn't see very many redds either when I was there earlier this week. They seem to be spawning a week or two late this year.
[signature]
Which turnoff are you talking about?
[signature]
Sundance
[signature]
Nice brownies. How bad were the weeds... have they started to die back yet?
[signature]
Weeds are still pretty thick in spots, just had to fish around them.
[signature]
[quote Joe_Dizzy]Nice brownies. How bad were the weeds... have they started to die back yet?[/quote]

Went up this afternoon and there were enormous amounts of weeds floating down the river. It was a pain at times. The recent cold snap appears to be causing them to die off rapidly and things should be better soon.
[signature]
I fished the upper Provo last weekend... weeds were no problem, but finding trout in skinny water was a challenge.

[Image: Victory_02_zps16hrqyqm.jpg]
[signature]
Nice..putting that new stream access law ruling to use[Smile]
[signature]
Sweet! Victory ranch?
[signature]
[quote doggonefishin]Sweet! Victory ranch?[/quote]

Yes. [Wink]
[signature]
I had a notion to go there myself yesterday, but decided to cut back on the drive time and ended up dealing with all the floating weeds instead. [Wink]
[signature]
Anyone spawning up there on the Upper yet? I heard the Jordanelle fish will head up there.
[signature]
I looked up sendipitys and see where some guys tie them with different heads. What pattern do you have the most success with? I ask because I fished the lower Wednesday and caught 3 fish in four hours and need a little help.
[signature]
I tie mine on scud hooks, Olive thread, gold rib, gold bead head and the wing is just some parapost. Simple but effective (for me).
[signature]
Beautiful. Thanks for the pic too.
[signature]
[quote Envenomation09]Anyone spawning up there on the Upper yet? I heard the Jordanelle fish will head up there.[/quote]

Not that we saw, but there are some barriers to navigate during low flows... so they may not be able to get up that high some years.
[signature]