Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mill meadow res. ?
i read in the proclamationthat you can keep 8 muskies.
im thinking about going up there after in the summer but i don't know anything about it.is it any good? any body ever fished it?

matt
[signature]
The reason that one can keep 8 tiger muskies, and also there is no size restriction is because they don't want any muskies in there. They planted some tiger muskies in Johnson's Reservoir a few years ago hoping to thin out some of those perch and chubs in there. They were concerned that some of them might make their way down the Fremont River into Mill Meadows Reservoir. It was reported on here that some Tiger Muskies had surprised some anglers fishing through the ice this winter at Mill Meadows. Your odds of catching one are probably better by trying one of the reservoirs here in northern Utah that have tiger muskies in them.
[signature]
As far as the reports of fishermen catching tigermuskies through the ice at Mill Meadow, I think they are just rumor. I have not talked to anyone that has actually seen one of the muskies. In the past, there have been a couple (maybe two total) tiger muskies show up in the Freemont, and Mill Meadow. If you are looking to head down there and want to catch a muskie, you just as well go fish Johnson Res....

If ANYONE has a picture to prove me wrong I would LOVE to see it...
[signature]
thanks i guess ill be better off sticking to pineview
[signature]
just so every one knows the DWR planted musky in there years ago trying a way to get trout with whirling decease. they didn't plant a lot but they did plant them in there. they do want all of them out now(only because trout fisherman cryed about them being in there)so thats why the limits are up. I haven't heard about them getting into the fremont but they might be able to get there.
[signature]
The DWR did NOT plant tiger muskie in Mill Meadow. Tiger TROUT were planted in Mill Meadow. Johnson Res was planted with Tiger Muskie. The proclamation has a section for Tiger Muskie in Mill Meadow because the Colorado River Endangered Species people were concerned about Tiger Muskie in Johnson. Tiger Muskie are able to leave Johnson Res via the Freemont River, which empties into Mill Meadow. There have NEVER, EVER, EVER been tiger muskie planted by the DWR in Mill Meadow. There haven't ever been any muskie found in Mill Meadow in gill net survey's either.

NO TIGER MUSKIE IN MILL MEADOW!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
[Sad] I'm so sorry to tell you that you have no clue of what you are talking about. The dwr did plant them in there. you are trying to tell the wrong guy what he knows. I have spent countless hours finding out all I can about musky and where and how to get them. if you want I'll give you the name and phone # to the guy with the DWR thats over the musky (oh more then likly he will be talking at my musky class in april) here in utah. they put some in there years ago in hopes that they would eat the slow moving trout with wirling but that showed real fast not to be the way to go. so they decided to go some other way also to many trout guys didn't like the musky in there. the musky were in there long before your tiger trout were so get your facts right. and if you still think I'm wrong prove it because I can prove what I said can you. THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!!!
[signature]
In 1992 Tiger Musky were planted in Mill Meadow. Shortly thereafter Mill Meadow was piosoned, and all fish were killed. Tiger Musky have never been planted again in Mill Meadow. I was incorrect about them never being stocked. But, they were all killed just after being stocked.

Point is, Mill Meadow is NOT a Tiger Musky fishery. Anyone that is trying to incourage someone else to fish Mill Meadow for Tiger Muskies is giving out very bad information. Mill Meadow is an excellent trout fishery. If you want Tiger Musky, go somewhere else.

There is a possibility of Tiger Musky being in Mill Meadow. A limited number of Musky were planted in Johnson, which is connected to Mill Meadow by the Freemont River. There is a chance that some have gone down the Freemont and ended up in Mill Meadow. I do believe that there was actually one caught out of the Freemont a number of years ago. I have never seen a picture of a Musky caught out of either Johnson, or Mill Meadow. If anyone has a picture of one, I would like to see it.

Do not go to Mill Meadow with expectations of catching a Tiger Musky...it just isn't going to happen...
[signature]